H&K Rotosphere

Asribar

• Members

Just to get the ball rolling, there was a significant change between the marks and consensus generally is the Mark 1 is the better of the two. Don't remember what the change was exactly, I think it had something to do with ramping from fast to slow.

No doubt someone will chime in a tell you what it was, or simply search rotosphere (or look at the HC reviews) and you'll find out in about 5 minutes.

• Members

great :D

since i'me ebaying for mark 1

i already have Tube 50 combo and Tubeman preamp... this will be my third H&K acquisition

btw i was wondering...

when i get the rotosphere... i might just stop carrying the combo around for gigs. we had a rehearsal the other day and i plugged tubeman directly into the PA.. it rocked. i just might use this setup... guitar -> WD7 wah -> Tubeman -> Marshall VT1 tremolo -> Rotosphere -> Digitech Delay -> stereo into the PA

• Members

Originally posted by Seth Carmody

Just to get the ball rolling, there was a significant change between the marks and consensus generally is the Mark 1 is the better of the two. Don't remember what the change was exactly, I think it had something to do with ramping from fast to slow.

No doubt someone will chime in a tell you what it was, or simply search rotosphere (or look at the HC reviews) and you'll find out in about 5 minutes.

Can anyone verify any real differences between MkI and MKII?

I believe I`ve heard the MKI is noisier.

From the HC reviews I only find this from a MKI buyer;

"I'm about to try to order a full stop switch a la MKII to replace the hold-down "Breaker" switch. So we'll find out how helpful they are on parts. "

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Hughes___Kettner/Tube_Rotosphere-1.html

• Members

To me it seems the trim pots the MKII has to adjust fast speed would be a preference to me.

Straight from the H&K website:

What distinguishes the Rotosphere MK 2 from the Rotosphere MK1?

The MK II version offers two new features that its predecessor, the first Tube Rotosphere, lacked:

1. When you stop the rotary action, the simulated drum and horn always return to the same default position. This ensures that varying rotor positions don

Archived