Anyone here like electronic music?

mabus013

• Members

www.soundclick.com/djrenfield

Some of my songs/peices have been pretty well received. 'Apathy' hit #76 on the jungle charts last I checked, not bad considering there's a few thousand songs on the chart.

Hopefully, I'll get to start making newer, better 'Stoner Techno' soon. Everything up there was done in Fruity Loops - I'd really like to dive into Reason and Drum Kit From Hell, with Cubase or Kristal, do real vocals, etc.

• Members

I got to check out Reason awhile back (adapted, unfortunately) and the drum sequencer alone made the program worthwhile.

Ableton Live, you say...I'll have to check it out.

I like the electro stuff because I just do whatever I feel like, it's self contained and more or less instant gratification. I have, tops, three hours invested in any one of those tracks, the average time probably closer to half that .

Smoke up - program - tweak - arrange - export. Look at what I did today :).

• Members

Yeah, I've been wanting to do some cut n paste stuff again for awhile. I had done that in LA when I had an Mbox, and did some cool hip hop tracks for a friend using audio from Bjork, Rammstein, and the Revolting Cocks as bases - I just didn't have any adequate audio production software for beats, plus it was a great learning experience seeing what you can do with the editing power of a good DAW.

I had a cut-up version of RevCo's cover of 'Dya Think I'm Sexy?' that could have turned into one of the best party-rap songs you ever heard. Massive groove.

Soon....

Archived