SIR HC need your amp help..........

Bruno

• Members

I have a guy at work that is trying to sell his uncles vintage Gibson Titan amp. It is in OK shape and sounds decent. It has the 2 vol knobs, 2 tone knob, and 1 10 inch speaker.

What is a fair price for this amp? I think that it was made in the late 50's / early 60's???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by Sir H C

Honestly hard to say. Probably in the $150-300 range at most. I don't see any on e-bay. I would put it on the same level as a Fender silverface Champ minus the Fender charm. Ask 150 and see what happens.

That HST quote is my favorite scene/quote of all time.

• Members

Guys thanks......I did a search on ebay and something similar went for $600?

The guys is looking for best offer and has $500 in mind. If this is nothing more then a champ w/o the trem. then I think that I am going to walk away from it.

Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by Bruno

Guys thanks......I did a search on ebay and something similar went for $600?

The guys is looking for best offer and has $500 in mind. If this is nothing more then a champ w/o the trem. then I think that I am going to walk away from it.

Thanks

They wre made for quite a while so I guess it depends on the cosmetics, tweed goes for more than others (the later ones had that ugly white panel look). I always view Gibson amps from this period as being worth a lot less than equivalent Fenders, just not the market for them. There are a few Gibson amps that get big bucks, but most are still pretty low.

Also I am biased to amps still being cheap.

Archived