Open letter to Saddam Hussein.

papa taco

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

He has always been our favorite tyrant.

yeah. people who go on and on about what bastards the french are for "supporting" the hussein regime seem to forget our strong ties with him. the french were profiteering.

we were creating a monster.

• Members

Saddam at your dinner party:

"Hey, why don't you make with the coffee already or I'll murder your family...hell, I'll murder them anyway...and while I'm at it, let's take out a few more member sof my family...say, Uday, where'd you leave the human grinder?"

There are a few people living today that deserve to be called cunts. I think he does. Oh and Saddam too.

• Members

And my favorite:

Guess Who Got The Key To Detroit?

March 26, 2003(AP) Saddam Hussein donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to a Detroit church and received a key to the city more than two decades ago, soon after he became president of Iraq.

The events contrast sharply with the attack Saddam's regime is now facing from a U.S.-led coalition, reflecting his changed relationship with the United States since Washington helped Saddam covertly in his 1980-88 war with Iran.

Saddam's bond with Detroit started in 1979, when the Rev. Jacob Yasso of Chaldean Sacred Heart congratulated Saddam on his presidency. In return, Yasso said, his church received $250,000.

"He was very kind person, very generous, very cooperative with the West. Lately, what's happened, I don't know," Yasso, 70, said Wednesday. "Money and power changed the person."

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment.

Yasso said that at the time, Saddam made donations to Chaldean churches around the world.

"He's very kind to Christians," Yasso said.

Chaldeans are a Catholic group in predominantly Muslim Iraq. Among prominent Chaldeans is Iraq's deputy prime minister, Tariq Aziz.

A year later, Yasso traveled with about two dozen people to Baghdad as a guest of the Iraqi government, and they were invited to Saddam's palace.

"We were received on the red carpet," Yasso said.

Yasso said he presented Saddam with the key to the city, courtesy of then-Mayor Coleman Young. Then, Yasso said, he got a surprise.

"He said, `I heard there was a debt on your church. How much is it?"' Yasso said.

Saddam donated another $200,000.

In the 1980s, Iraq and the United States were allied in their mistrust of Iran, which held hundreds of Americans hostage under the regime of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

Yasso called Saddam an American puppet.

"The job the United States trusted to him is done; now he's no good," he said.

There are tens of thousands of Chaldeans among the roughly 300,000 Americans of Middle Eastern descent in the Detroit area. About 1,200 families attend Sacred Heart, said Yasso, who came to the United States in 1964.

Some church members disagreed that Saddam was once kind.

"When he became president, I leave everything and run away," said Nadhim Franco, 66. "I came here. I was dishwasher. I came here, I was happy."

• Members

Originally posted by Fourth Floor

Saddam at your dinner party:

"Hey, why don't you make with the coffee already or I'll murder your family...hell, I'll murder them anyway...and while I'm at it, let's take out a few more member sof my family...say, Uday, where'd you leave the human grinder?"

There are a few people living today that deserve to be called cunts. I think he does. Oh and Saddam too.

Have you ever heard of sarcasm?

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

yeah. people who go on and on about what bastards the french are for "supporting" the hussein regime seem to forget our strong ties with him. the french were profiteering.

we were creating a monster.

Now it is the turn of a real surrenderist to profiteer. Whats more interesting than this graph is I read someplace that the company is still less valuable now than when Cheney took the helm.

halliburtongraph.gif

• Members

This goes to show you what the policy "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" will get you. Saddam was relatively new to power in the early 80's and he was engaged in war with Iran... and that was just fine with us.

We wanted him to destroy Iran after all the trouble they'd been giving us. So... we... helped him a little to meet out ends. But when you deal with the devil it comes back to haunt you.

Sure we didn't know then he would go on to invade Kuwait or gas his own people with WMDs in 1988. But the Middle East is a crazy place - and we should have known better.

• Members

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Books about his communist past are interesting, he backstabbed and killed his way to power of the bath party by killing the people who started and believed in the bath party, seems to me he was a puppet then as well. Backed by his mates he defeated the communists in his own party to take control of the country. Who were his friends back then.

• Members

Originally posted by skatan

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Books about his communist past are interesting, he backstabbed and killed his way to power of the bath party by killing the people who started and believed in the bath party, seems to me he was a puppet then as well. Backed by his mates he defeated the communists in his own party to take control of the country. Who were his friends back then.

+1 One of his first CIA gigs was at 22 in 1959 as assasination plot of Prime Minister Gen. Abd al-Karim Qasim. The looser the waistband The deeper the quicksand, Or so I have read.

• Members

Okay, different question. Since greed and the lust for power have been the driving force for mankind for so long, why haven't we learned that it is unobtainable?

I guess the gear search here is quite similar. "I like his tone and I want it too". I will get what I want.

Microcosum... (should that be hyphenated)

Hey, I'm as guilty as the next guy.

:confused:

Archived