for Matchless/Badcat owners

piper19

• Members

I've a question related to pedals you use with your Badcat or Matchless. I tried several pedals (I need chorus and delay) and found the Badcat sounded way better without overdrive/distortion pedals. The sound from the amp is so good I need less pedals than before. I also have some trouble on putting which effect on which channel. I have a seperate AB box to choose channels, but I'm thinking on putting some effects on 1 channel only (my reverb only on the clean channel).

So my questions to you:

1/ what pedals do you use?

2/ on what channel?

• Members

having played a Bad Cat Black Cat 30r 2x12 combo for years and at this moment playing a Matchless SC-30 1x12 combo, I can tell you that the FoxRox ZIM sounds amazing with both amps. It loves EL84 amps in general.

Normally on the Bad Cat, I used the EF86 channel and on the Matchless I use both channels at different times.

• Members
Originally posted by agentcooper2001

having played a Bad Cat Black Cat 30r 2x12 combo for years and at this moment playing a Matchless SC-30 1x12 combo, I can tell you that the FoxRox ZIM sounds amazing with both amps. It loves EL84 amps in general.

Normally on the Bad Cat, I used the EF86 channel and on the Matchless I use both channels at different times.

I agree with this gentleman. However I am only referring to my Bad Cat Hot Cat 30 - never had a Matchless. And you are right - the Bad Cat sounds so good by itself - more often than not - I just use a Boost for my lead solos. Same with the Orange Rocker 30.

Add to that a number of good transparent organic overdrives - like the Gainster, Fat OverDrive, AMZ Plexi Stack, Lil Leo, HBE Big D, Pedalworx TTS and a number of others that let the guitar shine thru with lots of sparkle and you're good to go.

Nice amps Bro! :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by agentcooper2001

SIG, but take $100 off, for $2100 shipped

God I'm jonesing for that so hard....I was sort of hoping or praying that I could get one cheaper than that but alas, my childish fantasies of amp prices are not to be. Maybe some other time. Thanks for the offer, though.

• Members

I love My SC-30 Matchless, Which Cat do you own???
Here is what I use, Minus the OCD. It's off the board because it doesn't have enough mids for the way I have my {censored} set.

PB.jpg

I use the #1 channel with the master defeated. That's very clean. I run the treb at about 1 oclock (pointed at the last "E" in treble) and the Bass just past 3 o'clock, Cut at 1 o'clock. I use my FD2 for mild and harder sounds and the Distortion pro (don't flame me) for heavier STP like tones..sometimes I use the DP and the FD(without the boost on)

I had a cord get kicked out of something at a show last weekend and had to run directly into the amp (I couldn't find the problem quick and we were in the middle of the song). I used the EF86 chan with the gain close to the limit and the master on (of course, damn these things are loud)......MAN!!! If I didn't need all the effects for certain songs I might would just run the amp with a little hair and use the Fulldrive to get me more gain and no other pedals. It realy blew me away. I think for some of the side gigs that I do I might bring just the amp and a tuner and give it a go!!!....then again I do love me some delay.

BTW IMASCIENTIST...That's a decent deal on Agent's amp...go for it.

• Members

ok thanks for the replies. I myself use a Hot Cat 30 head. I mostly plug my LP in the gain channel and rock away. But on my pedalboard I have a Fuzz Factory (sounds great with the gain channel); a Marshall Shredmaster (sounds great with the clean channel); an ART reverb(clean ch); a channel swither and a TU2. But as said guitar into amp sounds killer. All my settings are 12 o'clock, except the volumes of course. From there I reset bass/treble/pres/gain as I feel that day, but it's always around 12 o'clock.

Archived