Good Pedalboards

brunog

• Members

A few years back I got an SKB pedal board which I used to like. But over time the velcro just doesn't hold down my pedals and it's kinda useless except as a AC power supply.

Anyone want to over ideas on better systems out there or should I just build my own and use my Boss Tuner and daisy chain as the supply?

Any thoughts?

• Members

I, personally, think making your own is generally the best bang for you buck... unless you make a really expensive one somehow.

But alot of people like Pedaltrain, and the RadialTonebone whatevertheheck is growing in popularity as well.

As for power, I like the Voodoo Lab pedal power 2. But just as many (if not more) people will tell you that a onespot or powerall will do the job just fine. A daisy chain from your tuner would work fine too

• Members

I'm thinking about building my own and using the daisychain off the TU-2. Then I can customize with with blood red felt or something cool like that. The other thing I wished the SKB had was better storage, a shoulder strap and a better lid than the bag thing.

As far as the number of pedals is concerned, I'm talking like 4: MXR OD, Boss Delay, Crybaby and Tuner. Maybe adding a fifth like another distortion pedal.

• Members

DIY is the way to go if you've got the time and aren't hardware-inept. If you don't, and are, I suggest the NYC pedalboards. Mine have both taken heavy gigging use and abuse and are doing quite well other than the fabric coming lose (staplegun to the rescue.) A little expensive, but really well made. Our other guitarist bought one after checking mine out.

Archived