OT - Just got back from U2

mrbluetone

• Members

Yeah, he's got a Skrydstrup switcher with like 2 of their extention thingies.

Doppelganger and Meatball are both on there, as is the infamous Boss FA-1. Big Muff, TS-9, Boss CS-2 compressor. He doesn't have a Boss delay on there...not sure what that one could have been (probably a GE-7 -- they're the same color and he's used one in the past). The orange pedal was a Boss PW-2.

What else...

He's got a Durham Sex Drive on there these days, as well as a Skrydstrup Bufferooster, which is a buffer/booster (as you may have guessed). Oh, and probably a Sobbat DB-1 Drive Breaker.

Of course, that's just the pedals -- to say nothing of the multiple TC-2290 delays, stereo Line6 Distortion Pro rack units, AMS/Eventide units etc. And his Dunlop 535q wah on the floor next to the rehoused Kay Fuzztone (for the intro to 'Elevation').

:wave:

Hello Edge-nerd.

:D

• Members

Originally posted by BmoreTele

Gee, I wonder if you have to pay extra to sit inside the circle.

No. Just have to have good luck.

It's a lottery for people with floor tickets. When you get inside, they scan the ticket and it randomly determines whether or not you get inside.

I didn't get inside, but I was right up against the railing on the outside of the ellipse.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by papa taco

He needs lots of effects to cover his lack of talent.

SRV 4-ever!

;)
I kid. I kid.

By that logic you would think that SRV would have needed thousands of FX

:thu:

The Edge may not be the most technical guitar player in the traditional sense but just managing the number of FX he uses you would need a PHD

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

heck no Uncle Dig,

thats when they were at their best !

i lost interest pretty much after the joshua tree.

They are 2 pretty different bands from when they started out and what they are now, but I guess you could say that the whole world is pretty different form when they started out.

It is fair enough if you don't like what they do now I'm sure there is quite a few people out there that if they even bothered to listend to Boy or War wouldn't really like them

• Members

Originally posted by tigger_ferret

By that logic you would think that SRV would have needed thousands of FX

The Edge may not be the most technical guitar player in the traditional sense but just managing the number of FX he uses you would need a PHD

Yeah, he keeps his actual phrasing relatively simple...he plays his effects like instruments and gets more out of them than I ever could!

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

heck no Uncle Dig,

thats when they were at their best !

i lost interest pretty much after the joshua tree.

+ millions!

Last time I saw them, Wembley stadium in England, Joshua Tree tour.

• Members

Originally posted by mrbluetone

u212.jpg

Holy {censored}. The biggest venue I've ever gone to holds about 1,200. And that's HUGE in my opinion. I just *love* small clubs.

If you can't sit in the back on the couch with a beer, the place is too {censored}ing big.

• Members

The best thing about living in a lesser populated country, we have no stadiums worth talking about! Having said that, I saw Oasis at Wembly and rather enjoyed the experience.

I got to see U2 from about 20 feet when they played the outdoor Belfast gig of the Pop tour... the amount of magic mushrooms I ingested that night made the 20 feet seem like 20 inches too. That giant lemon scared me {censored}less.

The best Radiohead gig I've seen was in the Big Top they toured with for Kid A. Roughly 12,000 people in a tent outside Dublin. We got into the front section, and acted like rabid teenagers... The band blew me away that night.

Archived