Problems with wah pedals!

Slash17

• Members

I have a Dunlop Original Crybaby, and the first year I got it it worked on and off, now it won't work at all. I have an Ibanez Weeping Demon that NEVER worked. I don't know what the problem is, but on the Crybaby the sound just goes straight through when it's off, and when it's on there is no sound at all. On the Weeping Demon I can't get a response at all, no matter what I do (it has so many knobs and switches, but no effect). I have tried both with the AC adaptor or a battery, what is the problem?

• Members

Well thanks for really helping him out, Toast. I mean, I seriously doubt that anyone has anything to add to this whole, "help me with my wahs" thing. What, after that profound statement that you uttered, and all....absolutest dickhead...

...j/k...

• Members

Always check the stupid stuff first...

One time at a gig, my amp f***ed up on me and I had to scramble to set up my backup. After I got that done with I find out my dirt box isn't working...no sound at all when engaged, just like your wah.

Turns out, in my haste after the amp scramble, I accidentally hooked the pedal up backwards, with the guitar into the output and the input to the amp.

I felt stupid.

Don't buy a new pedal for something stupid. Check the stupid stuff first. Always.

• Members

personally i get ticked off with pedals that dont work and if i'm playing regular i dont have time to send one in and wait. sure you may be attached to a pedal and if you have the time to fix it then great. I get a little impatient and i just want a reliable pedal. new pedals work for me-not that i have the cash for new pedals but if i can find a reliable one-like the boss v-wah- i will stick with it

• Members

on a related note: I have an old Thomas Organ Wah that just doesn't sound as good as I think it should. I put a new switch earlier this year to TB it. a couple of years ago I had a new pot put in it, though I was don't know what kind it is. It's missing a foot and one of the foot screw wells is stripped out.

Is it worth getting something done to it to make it better or should I just thow $100 at a 535Q or something similar?

Archived