Fed-Ex Ground is truly evil.

El Cheapo

• Members

Odered some gear from my favorite online store, American Musical Supply. In the past, UPS Ground had my order at my workplace the very next day, without fail. Fed-Ex Ground is now over 6 days late, with my order stuck on a "home-delivery" truck (even though I called them a week ago to correct this). Their customer service is useless and the lady I spoke to today was outright hostile from the word go. The thing is, you can explain to them the situation but they wont actually DO anything. The just say "well, this is what is is and...uh...it will deliver.....sometime". Crap. I realize it tis-the-season, but this is ridiculous.

I want my UPS !!!! :cry:

• Members
Originally posted by El Cheapo

Odered some gear from my favorite online store, American Musical Supply. In the past, UPS Ground had my order at my workplace the very next day, without fail. Fed-Ex Ground is now over 6 days late, with my order stuck on a "home-delivery" truck (even though I called them a week ago to correct this). Their customer service is useless and the lady I spoke to today was outright hostile from the word go. The thing is, you can explain to them the situation but they wont actually DO anything. The just say "well, this is what is is and...uh...it will deliver.....sometime". Crap. I realize it tis-the-season, but this is ridiculous.

I want my UPS !!!!
:cry:

We as a business DUMPED FedEx for that exact reason.
{censored} service...
:mad: :mad:

• Members

American musical supply, which I have bought tons of gear from, has sent me products through both.

And let me just say they are both the same.

I have had gear in 2 days, and gear in 7 days.
AMS, has 2 locations. Las Vegas and New Jersey.

Its all about availability and shipping.

• Members

Sorry to rant on about this, but I just can't imagine why anyone -- an individual, not a company -- would use ups or fedex ground. I always very awkwardly specify that only USPS priority mail is acceptable, and half the time the seller uses some ground carrier anyway. It costs more, its sucks ass . . . I'm completely mystified.

I'm waiting on something right now. The seller shipped within a reasonable period. FedEx ground is taking 7 days to deliver. So the whole operation, from paypal to home-sweet-home, is going to be 11 days. If fedex ground manages to deliver, which is even money.

I've shipped {censored} to Asia in far less time.

• Members

UPS completely smashed an amp cab they delivered to my house. Probably due to repeated drop-offs while no one was home. The other stuff was okay but the original cab was trash. :mad:

Learned my lesson though and now arrange for pickup.

Anyone use DHL stateside? How are they?

• Members
Originally posted by 48729zjd

UPS completely smashed an amp cab they delivered to my house. Probably due to repeated drop-offs while no one was home. The other stuff was okay but the original cab was trash.
:mad:

Learned my lesson though and now arrange for pickup.

Anyone use DHL stateside? How are they?

DHL left a laptop on my front porch about a month ago when I specifically asked them to bring it around the block (I live on the back side of the same block as my shop) to the store. I'm just glad a friend of mine happened to drive by and see it there. I'll never use DHL again for anything. Something like that you don't screw up and expect a second chance.

EDIT: DHL also left a package with a lighting console in it on a friend's front porch in a pouring down rain the other day, too. Fortunately, his grandma saw it on the porch and called him, so it was ok. She must have seen it right after it was dropped off.

• Members

im only really a fan of USPS.

ill tell you all who can kiss my ass: American Eagle.

been in NOLA for 12 weeks.. shot at, chased by snakes, people, been trapsing through the swamps of Venice LA for th elast five weeks... and they lose my checked bag with all the clothing i brought down there, plus workboots, a 75$ KA-BAR knife, my TU-2.. here is the disgusting thing about it: i travelled with three other people; two from my group checked in right before me, one after.. their luggage all came out at one time together, but my {censored} is nowhere to be seen.

dammit, and i now have to work in town Xmas eve as well..

• Members

Originally posted by bobby yarrow

I've shipped {censored} to Asia in far less time.

Is that even legal?

Originally posted by Jon Hiller

DHL left a laptop on my front porch.....

DHL also left a package with a lighting console in it.....

Damn! Whenever I want something left on my porch I get the hang tag that says "You suck and have to work a day job like a chump & now we're going to come at 2PM for the next two days so that you can't get your package and we can send it back. Have a nice day:wave:!"

~MkF!

"Me encanta!"

• Members

Originally posted by Sir H C

I try to only get things shipped to my work address. Here we know the UPS guy (Paul), FedEx (Joyce) and USPS (Jerome) people by their first names. You get better service this way.

This is true, we're the same way, although the DHL guy never even gave me a chance to meet him since he dropped the laptop off on my front porch. THANK GOD my friend saw it and grabbed it for me.

• Members

Just a counterpoint, but I think it's a crap-shoot...I was watching the UPS guys recently reorganize their truck while making deliveries on our street...it was cool how the one "newer" guy would drop slam the boxes on the street...didn't seem to care about box damage...the local news did a feature on xmas mail volume...they were interviewing a handler who had a shop rep of being able to throw packages into the proper sorting bin from across the floor...then they showed him do it after saying that marking a package "fragile" or "handle with care" is moot...

Pack your sh** like it's going to be abused, insure appropriately and hope for the best...so far I've been lucky...happy holidaze...

:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by GorillaLover

yeah Fed-Ex have turned me off several times..

although I'm currently enjoying some post-coital colo-rectal soreness courtesy of UPS and the Canadian Government.

Ow.

What did "Brown" do to you?

Archived