Going balistic: I can't decide on a vibe!

kmcypress

• Members

This is like my 3rd thread on this subject that has spanned a little under a month. I'm looking for a vibe but I keep pulling out my hair because I keep finding little things I don't like about each one. The ones that are inexpensive are too simple and the ones that have all the goods are way too much and have even a little more than I need. None of them have the right features for me! My style is heavily influenced on The Black Crowes and I also do some church stuff too. Here's my rig:

Epi Sheraton (SD Phat Cats) -> TU-2 -> Wizard Wah -> FDII -> '69 -> Kaden Fluttertone Trem -> Banshee Talkbox --> '79 Marshall JMP (50w MV)

Some features/thoughts:

1. -LED light

2. -True Bypassed

3. -Speed Control (w/ big knob and to be able to use it w/ my foot)

4. -Depth Control

5. -Power Jack for external supply

6. -Footswitch output (not a necessity but I'd like to have one)

7. -200$ MAX

8. -Not too wet sounding (I'm more into the rotorary aspect of it than the phase aspect..get it?)

I think the Voodoo lab microvibe is closest to what I want but even it doesn't have all the features I'm lookin' for (#3 & #6). I guess I may end up wakling away with a Sweetsound or Fulltone if I can't get some help...Do you guys have any suggestions of stuff that's on the market now? Can anyone assemble one to the features I want?

• Members

The Microvibes do have an LED unless it's an old one. Some say that the old ones sound better, but I have owned both and think they both sound good. Maybe the person that didn't like the new one didn't have the internal trim pot set to the right spot? The other thing people will say is that Voodoo Lab pedals have unreliable footswitches. I am sure it is true, but I have never had an issue with the Vibes or the Sparkle Drive I've owned.

But at $200 max you could easiliy afford a used Deja Vibe or other high end boutique in excellent condition. Are you into new stuff only?

• Members

When I say footswitch output, I'm talking like an output for an expression pedal. And I mean to put #3 as I want a pedal with a speed knob that I can adjust with my foot. So it either has to have #3 OR #6. I perfer to buy new or used but don't want to go vintage.

• Members

I have the mojo vibe, and it's {censored}ing great. If your price range is around $200--usually a little more, but if you avoid ebay and wait long enough, you'll probably see one pop up at around that price. The ultra vibe (which is the predecessor to the mojo vibe) have often gone for under $200 used. I thought the deja's usually went used for under $200 anyways.

• Members

At your price point, if you primarily want the rotary sound, you may want to try some different stuff -

these three are all TB but don't have the big knob/exp pedal jack

Option 5 Destination Rotation
Lee Jackson Vibrator
Auralux King Trem

these aren't TB, but do have foot pedal speed control

Boss RT20
Boss PW-10 V-Wah
Marshall Regenerator

or for a totally different take - get a DD20 or DL4 and use the panning delay mode.

Archived