Freaky 8-bit sounds.

loner22

• Members

Mid-fi electronics glitch computer/random number generator/what
www.midfielectronics.com

Download the glitch computer sample and wait until its played half way - turns into NES city

Effector 13 Truly Beautiful Disaster/probably also the no-fi (chaos)

FXdoctor is like the HCEF arch-villian - some people waited many many months having paid him money for their gear to arrive. Never responed to emails. Many had to resort to threats of legal action to get results. All that history has probably been deleted now. Don't risk your money

• Members

Originally posted by stereotypy

... he has an 8-bit fuzz. never ordered from him, but there are sound samples on the site.

I wouldn`t recommend dealing with Josh aka the FxDoctor. He still owes me a $300 rack loooper paid for more than two years ago. There have been lots of threads about his dealings and how he ripped off several forumites before disappearing from HCFX.

• Members

i heard a lot about one pedal-mod"der" that rips people off. well, it's fxdoctor from which i heard no good... haven't recalled that earlier that day, but from what i've heard: keep away from dealing with him.

sorry for my bad suggestion!

other cool pedals also listed above:
mid-fi
and effector 13 (especially the no-fi)

you won't get ripped by them.. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by threm

I wouldn`t recommend dealing with Josh aka the FxDoctor. He still owes me a $300 rack loooper paid for more than two years ago. There have been lots of threads about his dealings and how he ripped off several forumites before disappearing from HCFX.

Hmmm... on his home page he has a note saying, "I'm also trying to get in contact with a customer that purchased a 4 loop TB rack unit overseas, if anyone has his contact info that'd be great."

Maybe he's talking about you? Worth a shot?

• Members

Originally posted by threm

Aww that's too bad... that 8 bit unit looks right up my alley.

• Members

yeah i have to keep bothering fxdoctor about a few enclosures and switches i paid for back in september

i have a digitech pds 20/20
and you can get the most lofi sounds out of that if you open it up and stretch the delay times via the trimpot the resolution on this already kinda lofi device goes down

if you crank it every note becomes an indistinguishable bowser but theres a nice in between where you can get up to 16 seconds of looping time with just the right amount of beautiful grizzle

when you do this the chorus mode turns into a lofi delay and the flanger can be used to to turn your single straight into a lofi sound with echos but it will have a tiny bit of lagginess

and the modulation section can add warbles and vibrato to your lofi sounds

• Members

I think a modded Blue Box can do it, I remember hearing a clip of someone using the Blue Box to play Super Mario songs...

... Other than that, +1 on the E13 stuff. Listen to the clips and see what you like on their website. Lots of interesting things. And I'd trust Devi with my bank account, so no worries there. :D

• Members

How is this guy still operating out in the open with impunity if all this stuff is true? Sending Proactiv instead of a pedal? That's obvious mail fraud, and convictions for that kind of stuff are so easy to get in the US... is no one reporting him or doing a chargeback if they paid with a credit card on PayPal?

• Members

Originally posted by chump5150

Hmmm... on his home page he has a note saying, "I'm also trying to get in contact with a customer that purchased a 4 loop TB rack unit overseas, if anyone has his contact info that'd be great."

Maybe he's talking about you? Worth a shot?

He ripped me off too - I sent him the money for an 8-bit distortion, he sent me a few e-mails saying that he had it ready... And then nothing. That was a year ago.

There are many other stories. Do _not_ go to FXdoctor.

• Members

Originally posted by chump5150

How is this guy still operating out in the open with impunity if all this stuff is true? Sending Proactiv instead of a pedal? That's obvious mail fraud, and convictions for that kind of stuff are so easy to get in the US... is no one reporting him or doing a chargeback if they paid with a credit card on PayPal?

If I remember right someone did some reporting etc but living overseas it`s not easy to get through with these things, especially after lots of promises from Josh while waiting and months gone by.

Archived