Best Milti FX Dist/Overdrive for Live use

Octaver

• Members

Hi

I have been using my old JCM 800 (Non Master)

Latley with a bunch of pedals , but im getting sick of experimenting with constantly searching for new pedals.

I do like the ida of an all in one Floor based Multi FX unit

So im wondering if there is a unit with pretty good Distortion/Overdrive Tones for live use. I dont use too much FX just some Reverb , Delay & mabey some Chorus.

I play mainly Classic To Hard Rock Looking for tones Ranging from

AC/DC , UFO, Thinn Lizzy to

High gain Lead tones similar to Blues Saraceno, Vinnie moore, John Sykes, John Norum

Can anyone recomend a Unit that would cover this ?

• Members

The most under the radar unit ever made - no longer in production - the Korg G1. Can be had for around $100 used. Dedicated Distortion unit with 9 effects - with a Contour Tone Shaping knob, Delay and a Noise Gate built in. I have 2 because I like it so well - and have used these for about 4 years now without any issues or problems whatsoever. :eek:

• Members
Originally posted by Skybone

If you're getting sick of constantly experimenting with pedals, then a mutli FX may not be the way to go.

You will be constantly writing and re-writing patches, tweaking etc. I know I was...

This is very true.Have you seen the new Carl Martin Quattro? May be just the kind of thing you're looking for.<Ath_cmq_big.jpg>

• Members

Thanks for the advice guys.
I have a fair bit of experience with Multi FX so re-writing patches is not much problem , plus it have to be done anyway.

The chopping & changing pedals , power supplies etc
gets on my nerves...you know

Archived