tell me about the DE-7 please!

jrm27

• Members

Hey guys.. i am a ver simply effects user (OD, delay, wah) I've heard some differing opinions on the DE-7, and because it's pretty darn affordable, I'm thinking of getting one. What would your advice be ont he pedal as I have never used it? Any input?

• Members
Originally posted by pa1mer_eldritch

The echo setting with the repeats wound up to maximum does give you a inifinite loop but the signal soon degrades into pretty much white noise. Which I like, personally, although it may be a bit 'lo fi' for some.

Also, if you have it going like that and you have it set to echo, step on the pedal 2 times really quick and it puts a space in the noise which then gets slowly filled with more noise and it just cascades back in on itself. I like to use the DE-7 to end a set. Crank the delay time and unplug the guitar and put it in its case. Sit on the floor and play the board. Good times... :thu:

• Members

I think it has like 1200 ms, which is pretty damn long. I used to have one, but got rid of it. Thinking about getting another one. I want one of those new purple ones. It can do the endless repeats thing, and I never really had a problem of it going into white noise territory, but I don't let the endless repeats go on forever and usually wind up playing over them, so that could be why. It can also be tweaked internally to self-oscillate. There's a selector switch for the amount of delay time, which if memory serves also controls the fidelity of the delay. I usually wound up in the second position, but its been too long to remember why I wasn't in position 3. I've been thinking about getting another one so I could have two delays (well 3 if you count my cheapo analog delay).

• Members

hmm... sounds like it might be sometihng i should check out. I don't really need infinite repeats, or need it to meld into white-noise. Just a nice simple delay set at about 250 ms. Maybe I shoudl look into that used one!

• Members

Best bang for the buck out there delay wise, but the switch sucks....if you step on the pedal too hard, it sometimes doesn't engage. Is it easy to solder in a new sturdier switch to one of these units?

• Members
Originally posted by negative theory

Also, if you have it going like that and you have it set to echo, step on the pedal 2 times really quick and it puts a space in the noise which then gets slowly filled with more noise and it just cascades back in on itself. I like to use the DE-7 to end a set. Crank the delay time and unplug the guitar and put it in its case. Sit on the floor and play the board. Good times...
:thu:

Now that is cool. Will give it a go, cheers.

• Members

i love mine. i've gone through delay pedals like there is no {censored}in 2marorw, and, especially for the price, this is a damn good one.
my favorite feature is the recessed knobs. i tend to jump around and {censored} up everything, and its nice knowing i wont hit those knobs out of place.

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

Is it possible to rehouse the DE-7?

how much delay time does it have?

The foot switch is the tricky part. I sent a DE7 to get True Bypassed and it got fried in the process.

What do you not like about the housing? It's metal and the recessed knobs are cool and functional.

• Members

Originally posted by BmoreTele

The foot switch is the tricky part. I sent a DE7 to get True Bypassed and it got fried in the process.

What do you not like about the housing? It's metal and the recessed knobs are cool and functional.

Well, it stands to reason that if you want to upgrade the switch and have the thing TBed you'd have to rehouse it.

• Members

Originally posted by BIGD

Best bang for the buck out there delay wise, but the switch sucks....if you step on the pedal too hard, it sometimes doesn't engage. Is it easy to solder in a new sturdier switch to one of these units?

damn, this is my problem with my tonelok pedal. i have very little faith that when i actually step on the pedal, it's going to engage. more often than not it doesn't. i mean, i've had the pedal 3 years, yeh, but {censored} man, it's always done that. is there no way to put a better switch in there without rehousing?

Archived