opinions on pedal graphics

RoboPimp

• Members

Originally posted by zinzin

I've ordered this waterslide decals for laserprinter:

i never tried 'em but they say they work well.

Cool, I'll keep those in mind. Since my boxes are already powdercoated brown I have to use opaque, light colored inks. But if I paint the boxes white or some other light color I can use something like those decals.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by orourke

I like the concept, but I think it would look better it you did the background in a dark red, it would look more like a real Persian rug.

gotta go with brown for now... I think it'll look good but thanks for the suggestion.

• Members

Hey RP, where will you get them silkscreened then?
Or can you do that yourself?

Getting boxes silkscreened has always been my biggest problem;
I really want it (since it looks better and more 'pro' than decals), but to get it done affordably is near impossible.
I had luck with the 2nd batch of MiG*Boost, since I could use the Art Academy's (in Rotterdam) tools and gear for it, but they're really busy now, and the silkscreen-room is always booked by students.

• Members

I work for a printing company, we have a whole screen printing building. :D

I can hook you up with screens, but you'd have to build your own frames to hold it all in registration (not hard to do with wood)

I have the printers testing the powder coating on the boxes I got to find the best, most durable inks to use on them.

• Members
Originally posted by RoboPimp

I work for a printing company, we have a whole screen printing building.
:D

I can hook you up with screens, but you'd have to build your own frames to hold it all in registration (not hard to do with wood)

I have the printers testing the powder coating on the boxes I got to find the best, most durable inks to use on them.

Damn, that's luxurious fo sho'! :eek:

Unfortunately, I myself don't have the space to set up a silk screen window. I'm shopping around locally to see who's got the best price/quality ratio.

I wouldn't want to pay $10 a box to have them silk screened. :(

• Members
Originally posted by desertlimosine

i love the carpet pedal design, very cool!

thanks, I think it's pretty cool too.

Speedy, not sure how much we would charge for screening enclosures. I can check into it for ya and let you know, I'm sure it's less than $10 per piece. :D

• Members

i think your "carpet" design is absolutely beautiful. i disagree with everyone who says that it's too busy. in fact, i think that oftentimes, pedals are too simple and bland looking. nobody goes above and beyond to truly make their pedals stick out from the rest as far as graphics. i believe a pedal is just as much a piece of art as it is a guitar effect. props to you for your awesome design.:thu: i especially like that you have a hole in the design where the switch will be so that it doesn't take away from the design, instead it becomes part of the art. i wouldn't change a damn thing.

• Members

thanks, I think it's pretty cool too.

Speedy, not sure how much we would charge for screening enclosures. I can check into it for ya and let you know, I'm sure it's less than $10 per piece.

Yeah, let me know.

If it's a good price, I could have Kirk @ Pedalparts forward the powdercoated enclosures to you and then you could send them to me. Ofcourse I'd pay for both the shipping-costs.

But there's a chance a DIY-guy in Holland can do it too, for $4-5-ish per enclosure (small batches, like 10-20 pedals), it depends on your price + shipping what would be cheaper ofcourse.

• Members

you're a {censored}ing GENIUS MAN!!!

thanks - I think you've just helped me come up with a name for it...

the Magic Carpet tremolo

or maybe the Flying Carpet Muncher!

about the color, I'm stuck with the brown for a while as I bought a box of the brown powder coated boxes toadworks was selling a little while ago. Thanks Toadworks for an awesome deal and super fast shipping.
:thu:

I am gunna try white ink for this one and yellow for my overdrive:

brownsugar.jpg

Just a heads up, Allen Amps already has a Brown Sugar amp.... so if're planning on Marketing them, might want to consider the wordmark issue....

• Members
Originally posted by cantoXIII

i think your "carpet" design is absolutely beautiful. i disagree with everyone who says that it's too busy. in fact, i think that oftentimes, pedals are too simple and bland looking. nobody goes above and beyond to truly make their pedals stick out from the rest as far as graphics. i believe a pedal is just as much a piece of art as it is a guitar effect. props to you for your awesome design.
:thu:
i especially like that you have a hole in the design where the switch will be so that it doesn't take away from the design, instead it becomes part of the art. i wouldn't change a damn thing.

thanks bro, I appreciate it. I thought they came out OK for my first tries.

Just a heads up, Allen Amps already has a Brown Sugar amp.... so if're planning on Marketing them, might want to consider the wordmark issue....

thanks for the heads up, yeah I knew that. I am really only making these for myself and a few friends. :D

also, thanks again for the nice enclosures and the excellent service! Toadworks is a class act!

• Members

Thanks,

I'm working on a FET based overdrive.
I'll post some clips when it's done.

Btw, put some hidden/subliminal Arabic messages in the carpet, like "I like falafel" or "My penis is larger than that of my camel".

Might draw some attention from the NSA, but a little publicity goes a long way. ;):thu:

• Members

Originally posted by HeHateMe

I LOVE IT! That is sa-weet!

The only thing I'd change is the "AFRAID..." I'd change it to "FEAR." Balances better w/ DARK.

I like AFRAID better. Although I see your point. The thing is that DARK can be used as both a noun and an adjective... I like it working as an adjective here.

Archived