Finally got an actual, honest to god, pedalboard.

mabus013

• Members

Kick ass.

I'm glad I waited - I was going to pick up an extra large pedalboard from Rondo the week before xmas, but they wanted your order in before I got my paycheck in order to get it by the holiday. So I said {censored} it and got a digital camera instead that week.

I went back the next week, and they finally started selling a 'huge' version of the pedalboard. It arrived yesterday, and it's just big enough for what I currently have. I'm going to take it to a jam this weekend and see how the back row of pedals fares as far as access goes - I might have to make a riser out of wood or something to make them easier to get to.

I didn't bring my camera with me, but I'm running things as follows:

Guitar - T.O. Crybaby - Whammy 4 - SynthWah - DOD Classic Fuzz - DOD Digital Turbo Distortion - Tri A.C. - Arion SCH-1 - Tuna Melt - DigiDelay - TU-2 - Peavey Renown, or whatever is available.

Much, much, much nicer than having all of my pedals in a bag. And a hell of a lot better than my home-made attempt, and only slightly more costly.

What I'd like to do is get a second Tri A.C. so I can do my dry/effected stereo path again with my A/B/Y switch. I have enough room to reconfigure the order and fit it all in, or I can just throw the second Tri AC and ABY in there and have to wire up all of two pedals to get my rig going. Right now, though, I'm looking at getting them all powered - my Boss daisy chain sucks for this setup. However, as long as I can get the DigiDelay and SynthWah powered, it's all gravy - those pedals suck down batteries like you wouldn't believe.

Down the road, I think I'm going to add a Crate PowerBloc - buy a long speaker cable, and as long as I have a speaker cab at the rehearsal/studio/gig, I'm good to go.

This is an ideal setup for having to go into NYC to gig, jam, or rehearse - just grab the board and a guitar and go.

Rondo Music kicks ass. You heard it here 2,342,891st.

Archived