Marin Guitar Show Score! (Klon Centaur Content)

Marin Timmy

• Members

Just got back from day one of the Marin Guitar show, what a blast! The first day of the show is by invitation only, so there were plenty of deals to be had before the general public arrives this weekend. I picked up another Klon Centaur (for $120!) I never really cared for the last Klon I owned, but this particular unit once did time on Robben Ford

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Marin Timmy

Just got back from day one of the Marin Guitar show, what a blast! The first day of the show is by invitation only, so there were plenty of deals to be had before the general public arrives this weekend. I picked up another Klon Centaur (for $120!) I never really cared for the last Klon I owned, but this particular unit once did time on Robben Ford

• Members

Originally posted by DaSkip

ahem......did Robben's fingers come with it for $120.00?

Sorry, I couldn't resist that one.

I've met Robben, shook his hand, and for a cat who plays hundreds of gigs a year his fingers are oddly free of calluses. His skin is also incredibly boyish and supple.

• Members

Originally posted by threm

There`s not one Klon owner on this planet that doesn`t know he can get at least $400 for it (a newer one on ebay now with a $444 BIN).

Why should anybody sell it for 120?

Sounds like wishful thinking to me .........

Don't confuse the atmosphere of the Marin show (especially the private Friday get-together) with the more cutthroat vibe of a typical guitar show. The attendees here are more motivated by a general sense of benevolence, generosity and a willingness to share in good spirit and great tone; greed isn't a part of our dharma.

Thanks for the heads-up regarding current market value, I really don't keep track of that sort of thing.

• Members

Originally posted by Marin Timmy

Don't confuse the atmosphere of the Marin show (especially the private Friday get-together) with the more cutthroat vibe of a typical guitar show. The attendees here are more motivated by a general sense of benevolence, generosity and a willingness to share in good spirit and great tone; greed isn't a part of our dharma.

Thanks for the heads-up regarding current market value, I really don't keep track of that sort of thing.

I'm at a loss for words. :freak:

Archived