Currently building my first fuzz pedal!

Jeztastic

• Members

;) Please be on hand to congratulate of console if it all goes tits up!

It's a BYOC clone. I have calculated that if Keith brings out the Slow Gear and VB-2 clones, I can think about replacing half my pedalboard with them... So i'm practicing with a fuzz...

• Members

OK, it's all done... :D Took a few goes to wire the switch... It's a real bugger to get it done without loose hairs of wire or solder touching each other...

I have to say, i do love the fat farty fuzz face sound!

I can't wait for the VB-2 and SG-1 clones to come out. I also would like to see a DC-2 clone ASAP... Then I can replace my MM-4! :D

Thanks Keith!

• Members
Originally posted by CS

So have you done any soldering before? Last time I did was in school.

Yeah, I was 13 last time I did any soldering I think! It all came back rather quickly though... I mean it came back to me how crap I was at soldering! Heheh... Actually, it wasn't too hard. I take the attitude that if the next idiot can do it, this one can too! ;)

I should have practiced on a couple of cables first I think - and I definitely should have got some de-soldering braid as they don't carry it in B&Q and it did get pretty messy. As i said, the hardest part is keeping it neat so that you don't get different parts of the circuit from shorting each other out.

But if you're thinking of investing in a soldering iron - do it. I already fixed a mic cable, and when I've done a couple of jack leads too the thing will have paid for itself.

Archived