Need help with my Sound City Fuzz Wah Face from Dallas Arbiter

loosegroove

• Members

I just picked this thing up. There is a toggle on the side to switch between just wah or wah & fuzz. And it engages via standard footswitch. The fuzz works fine but the wah doesn't. No sound goes through when it is on wah mode, but when I switch to wah & fuzz, sound goes through and it has a killer fuzz, just still no wah capabilities. Could it just be a bad switch? If not, any other ideas?

If not, anyone know of a place to have this thing fixed at a reasonable price? The fuzz sounds awesome and the wah has a RED fasel inductor so I'd like to get it working. Thanks! Here is a pic:

cswah

• Members

Okay your wiring looks different than mine, all switch placements to sync with your picture:

Fuzz/fuzz-wah switch:

4 taps used:

top center goes to the wah switch (lower left)
top right goes to the far right corner in your picture (shielded cable)
Bottom right goes where the blue wire from the fuzz/wah-fuzz switch goes in yours
Bottom center goes tot hte other wah switch point (lower right)

Wah switch (this should turn the whole effect on/off):

bottom left, as said above
Bottom right, as above and, jump to upper left of this switch, and output jack
center left, input jack, also to the upper left of the circuit board
center right, left of wah pot, and where the blue wire (upper right lug) touches the board.
upper left, just the jumper above
upper right no connection.

THis pedal works, but all the bits were bought and put together. But it does the fuzz and the fuzz-wah with the switch. Great pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by sirhcathome

Okay your wiring looks different than mine, all switch placements to sync with your picture:

Fuzz/fuzz-wah switch:

4 taps used:

top center goes to the wah switch (lower left)

top right goes to the far right corner in your picture (shielded cable)

Bottom right goes where the blue wire from the fuzz/wah-fuzz switch goes in yours

Bottom center goes tot hte other wah switch point (lower right)

Wah switch (this should turn the whole effect on/off):

bottom left, as said above

Bottom right, as above and, jump to upper left of this switch, and output jack

center left, input jack, also to the upper left of the circuit board

center right, left of wah pot, and where the blue wire (upper right lug) touches the board.

upper left, just the jumper above

upper right no connection.

THis pedal works, but all the bits were bought and put together. But it does the fuzz and the fuzz-wah with the switch. Great pedal.

Damn Sir HC, that is a bunch of differences. A guy on TGP pointed out that I should try changing one of the changes you mentioned

"center right, left of wah pot, and where the blue wire (upper right lug) touches the board". So I will start there. Since you pieced yours together, how did you figure out the wiring? Thanks for all your help.

• Members

Originally posted by Sir H C

I have another one somewhere that was wired right. So I copied the one I had.

Well it looks like I have a lot of soldering to do, which I really suck at. The end product will be fine, it will just take me 10 times longer than it would take a drunken monkey.

So with the way you have it wired, does that keep the fuzz and wah wired in parallel? Someone on TGP said that the original footswitch had 8 tabs!?!?

Thanks again for all the help. Otherwise I would be {censored}outtaluck.

Archived