I can't hear my effects! Cable problem??

FearMeWithMyLP

• Members

So for the longest time I've had a problem of hearing my effects clearly and loud enough from both of my amps (Carvin x100b tube amp into a 212 cabinet, and a Mesa Boogie F100 combo amp.) For the longest while I've just lived with it, but jamming with a few of my buddies really irritated me when I couldn't even hear my effects properly in the mix. I've tried both setups in front of the amp and in the loop.

Gutiars are:

Telecaster with Hot Rails in bridge

Greco Les Paul Custom

Pedals are:

Boss Tu2 tuner (daisy chained to other effects)

Boss PH3 phaser

Boss PS3 pitchshifter

Digitech Digiverb

Line 6 DL4

Amps:

Carvin x100b Tube head

Mesa/Boogie f100 combo

On the mesa, I have the fx loop output all the way up. Still the effects get droned out. The only thing I can pinpoint is MAYBE it's the cables I'm using. For the guitar =>effects and effects =>amp cables are Planet Waves cables. For my patch cables they are those LiveWire cables that you can pick up at Guitar Center for about 8 bucks each. Could the LiveWires be responsible for sucking up the output of my effects? Could there be any other factors? I'd like to hear some opinions before I shell out a bunch of cash for new cables and find out that they aren't the problem.

:confused::cry::freak::evil:

• Members

Originally posted by FLYING V 83

Try running everything into the front of the amp instead of the loop. Also try one effect/patch cable at a time to eliminate the good ones.

do loops take away some volume? I did notice a TAD bit more volume in the front of the amp, but not much. Plus I use lots of delay and reverb so they got all distorted when running it before the amp.

Archived