pls tell me i've dont the right thing....

bonaventura

• Members

i was browsing a local flea market when i spotted this george dennis overdrive/wah. the guy wants $55 for it and he wont budge.

i've read alot of praises for these chzecs pedals but i never actually used any of them (they dont have any guitars or amps in the booth....actually it wasnt even a musical instrument booth. they gd was sitting with a bunch of dvd players and tvs at the display!!!).

but i hesitated. it looked pretty banged up. the corners of casing were rusty, paints chipped here and there and the screws were looking rusty, suspicously looking like it has been opened before (the vendor claimed that he didnt know anything about that).

if they had a guitar and an amp or even if the screws looked fine, i'd (most likely) go for it right then and there. but there was no telling it the pedal was good or not.

so i turned around and walked away....

pls tell me i've done good....

:cry:

• Members

I've got a GD30 that a mate has had for about 11 years (the sticker inside says it was made in 1995), THe screws are rusty andthere are a few paint chips but it works. George dennis stuff is tough. But not being able to test it, and not being sold by anyone that I'd put any faith in I'd walk too. It's worth walking away. It's not like a new one costs too much more anyway. (About $100 - $150 I think) Just haggle the price down in a shop.

Caveat Emptor - Buyer beware. You did good.

• Members

If it's that rusted up on the outside, you don't know how bad it is inside, and may never know if the screw are rusted in...I woulda walked too.

Trust your instincts in those situations, and not the gear-whoring devil that sits on your shoulder eating cheetos.

Archived