So I play guitar in this band....

zhivago

• Members

hehe...thanks for all the comments, guys :)

there are zero effects on the demo, I'm afraid! :eek:

if we take things to the next level with the band, we'll re-record everything anyway, so I'll be using the AD900 on there, and a booster of some sort...possibly the super duper.

:)

thank you all for listening.

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by gappie

they are are nice mr zhivago. listened to them several times. and i think that there are no effects and stuff is not bad at all. it is a bit of 'bare-ass-music'. it makes the music more fragile. or something like that.

thank you :)

yeah we wanted to be able to hear the guitars strippped down

I would of liked to use some drive on a few bits here and there, but if we get to go to a proper studio and re-record I'll add some grind.

thing is...his songs are stripped down a lot, and effects just clutter them...

as it is I went jazzmaster > hiwatt (no mics just straight out of the back into the mixing desk)

:)

• Members

Originally posted by (((echo)))

you can use the SD with those types of direct recordings.. works great from what i've read. looking forward to finding out myself... very very very soon
:freak:

I totaly would...I'm also gonna get a Klon soon...wanna try it out and see if it works out best....

as it stands the band will start rehearsing in a few weeks, so I'll be able to get a dirty sound down...it won't be that dirty though I think anyways :)

• Members

I like it, and I like the vocals, but I think it's the vocal production that is off. There are many points when there are more than one vocal track, sometimes backup, sometimes duplicates to thicken, but I just hear it getting in the way. I think you should stick to one vocal track, and if backups are included, there should be a big enough difference between them and the main vocals. Maybe an eq thing, hard to say. Either way, his vocal sound calls for simplicity.

• Members

Originally posted by varialbender

I like it, and I like the vocals, but I think it's the vocal production that is off. There are many points when there are more than one vocal track, sometimes backup, sometimes duplicates to thicken, but I just hear it getting in the way. I think you should stick to one vocal track, and if backups are included, there should be a big enough difference between them and the main vocals. Maybe an eq thing, hard to say. Either way, his vocal sound calls for simplicity.

hey thanks for this :)

hopefuly the singer is reading the thread...he might chip in :)

Archived