Anyone Know what Princes effects setup is?

Hand of Ike

• Members

Originally posted by pennypusher

i've heard he uses one of every Boss pedal and has a tech do all of his switching and wah-ing.

i swear i'm not trolling, i've heard more than one eyewitness account of this

Watch the SNL clips. It sure looks like he is doing his own wah and pedal switching. He could be stomping on empty boxes for show, but that doesn't jive with how he is all about real musicians making music (no backing tracks, etc).

When I saw him live last year, I remeber him hitting the pedals himself. Can't remember seeing a wah though.

• Members
Originally posted by NanookRubsIt

Prince's Board from the 2000 Hit and Run Tour.

princes_hit_and_runPedals4.jpeg

Cool, verification that he definitely uses a Metal Zone (I'd always heard that).

Interesting that the upper two buttons say something about wah, but I don't see a wah pedal on the board.

Can anybody read the writings?

What does the feather boa do for his sound?

• Members

Does he have an auto-wah or something? I swear I've seen him do his own wah before, but who knows, certainly isn't one on that board. Seems a little odd to have another guy rocking the wah for him while he plays. Then again, Prince is a little odd.

I do love that he uses all those Boss pedals that a lot of people would dismiss as crap. Anyone who's heard Prince's tone knows that he can make those things sound amazing. Even more proof that its not the gear but the guitarist.

• Members
Originally posted by Wilbo26

....I do love that he uses all those Boss pedals that a lot of people would dismiss as crap. Anyone who's heard Prince's tone knows that he can make those things sound amazing. Even more proof that its not the gear but the guitarist.

and often with a $200 Hohner knockoff. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Hand of Ike

Cool,

Thanks guys but what is that blue pedal on the far left side? Never seen this before.....

Anyone know, I've got the Live at the Aladdin DVD and he def does his own Wah - Looks like a Vox or Crybaby .

Cheers

Boss VB-2 Vibrato

rather sought after now as it went out of production years ago...

David

Archived