anyone play this? guitar hero for playstation 2...

homestar

• Members

The first time i played the demo at best buy i couldn't even finish smoke on the water, but the second time i played it i was in that "i've had three beers and am in a good place" vibe working and i totally smoked a franz ferdinand tune. Was it as cool as playing a guitar? no, but it was fun as hell.

• Members

Seriously, Guyaguy is totally right:

1036794mg4bc.jpg

This is just that in disguise. I love video games, I've played around with this and dance dance revolution a bit. DDR is like Track & Field with a powerpad and guitar hero is a slightly more involved way of playing simon.

Playing along with music is the only way to play the game this thing is trying to emulate. If you want to play a video game, play Mrs. Pacman or System Shock. I can see why this is popular, but overall is an original way of presenting the same old thing and there are way better games to play out there.

• Members

ZV wrote " needs pedals "

......... Agreed :freak:

On a serious note, my Wife bought the toy for my Son. He played it quite a bit when he first got it. I was watching him and was surprised with the games intensity once it gets cook'n. Hand, eye and ear coordination to the max. Did it help his guitar playing? I don't know, but I do know that he sure is fast hitting those neck buttons and working that whammy :freak: The music is cool. As a result of hearing those tunes, he is working out the parts on his real 6 string :thu:

Archived