After I got my AD-9, my wife says my board looks guey!

• Members
Originally posted by Strapping_Young_Lad

nice board, it fits in perfectly!
:thu:

how much does a zoom tri-metal usually go for?

I bought the Tri-metal new, I think it was $119. It's my most precious pedal that I have, If this pedal died on me everyone would realize how much I suck, seriously this pedal is brutal. One mistake people make with this pedal is too much gain, you have to back off the gain and boost the mids and I use my GE-7 to boost it flat.

• Members
Originally posted by NappyDugOut

I bought the Tri-metal new, I think it was $119. It's my most precious pedal that I have, If this pedal died on me everyone would realize how much I suck, seriously this pedal is brutal. One mistake people make with this pedal is too much gain, you have to back off the gain and boost the mids and I use my GE-7 to boost it flat.

Yeah It sounds sweet, i may have an opportunity to snag me one,
so i'll definately grab it if the opportunity opens! :)

• Members

Thanks guy:)
equip.jpg

Check out my blues set-up, look at my home-made ghetto board:D

Yamaha MagicStomp, Dano Fish-n-Chips, Dano Blue Paisley OD,Dunlop Fasel CryBaby,Digitech DF-7.

MIM Strat w/seth Lover in bridge and TexMex singles into a Carvi V-16 with Weber Mini-Mass.

Seinfeld DVD's in background

• Members
Originally posted by RockNote

Doesn't she (you?) mean ghey? What the hell is guey? A Spanish word possibly?
:confused:
But I disagree, pedals should definitely be in stark colors, just as sounds are in color (brown sound, blue notes etc.)

Actually it is a spanish word, and I meant ghey. But it's ever more ghey or(gheyer) to correct someone and make them regret the fact that they dropped out of school to help feed their family at 13 years old, when his parents got kill in a drug raid!:mad:

Just kidding:D hehehe!

• Members

Actually it is a spanish word, and I meant ghey. But it's ever more ghey or(gheyer) to correct someone and make them regret the fact that they dropped out of school to help feed their family at 13 years old, when his parents got kill in a drug raid!
:mad:

Just kidding:D hehehe!

Phew! You had me there for a second! I must admit I love the color of magenta, as seen in the picture of your AD-9. Certain areas of life will let a man enjoy "ghey" colors like that - one being FX pedals, another windsurfing. Don't call into question this guilty pleasure... Cf. my avatar! :thu:

• Members

That's right. Nice guitar there with the old headstock. Do you remember the commercials current in the 80s? I remember one with Paul Gilbert toting a magenta superstrat - probably an Ibanez commercial - and one with Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan for Dimarzio, Vai again with a magenta superstrat. It was those commercials that turned me on to that color! I still haven't gotten a magenta superstrat myself though - mine is blue. Do you know this web site - Vintage Kramer ?

• Members

No I don't remember those commercials. It took my awhile before I bought a guitar that was any other color than black. At one point I had 9 guitars and everyone was black. Now I have a blue and a red one. I don't think megenta is in my future.
Here's my Tele, the most extreme guitar I've ever owned.
HolyTele005.jpg

• Members

No I don't remember those commercials. It took my awhile before I bought a guitar that was any other color than black. At one point I had 9 guitars and everyone was black. Now I have a blue and a red one. I don't think megenta is in my future.

That's a beautiful guitar you have there. I see how you have set the standard for yourself and your wife by having had all your guitars in black. There was a guy in one of the forums who recently acquired a black flamed Les Paul for just over 3 grand, possibly the most beautiful LP I have ever seen. I tried to search for it just now, but can't find the thread.

• Members

HolyTele005.jpg

i like that pickguard! :love: where have you get it done or how?

• Members

I quite like effects in fun/wacky colours. Im really fussy about what colour my guitar is though. weird. I would never want to play a pointy "metal" guitar but id love to have a diezel on stage because they look like the hardest amp ever. weird.

Archived