studio rig problems

dfibraio

• Members

Having an odd problem in my studio. I have a motif es7 which I connect via usb to my computer. I also have a m-audio midisport 8x8 mid interface connected through usb, plus some control surfaces. I have several questions.

1. Why is it when the motif es7 is connected and recognized by the win xp system I use for production, that the midisport 8x8 vanishes and is not recognized by the computer? If I disconnect the Motif and reboot, the midisport shows up. I need the motif es7 hooked up through usb since some editor software I use oonly works through that mode.

2. I have a fantom xr and a novation a-station that can hook up through usb as well. I am considering abandoning midi for these devices and going usb, but I still need a midi interface for the kurzweil k2661, korg triton, novation a-staiton and roland vk8m. I have other usb devices, like the dell monitor with 4 usb ports on it, the us2400 from tascam, which is a control surface, the Frontier Tranzport control surface and my cousin's line 6 pod xt pro. I also have a midi interface. I had the plan of getting a smaller usb midi interface and going all usb, but I have heard mixed reviews on adding usb ports. Some have said to use a powered hub. Other say I should go internal pci cards. Most wanr about the probems that too many usb ports may cause. I don't know why i can't use the ports on the dell 17 inch lcd flat pannel monitor, but somebody advised me against that. Can anybody advise me how to go about hitching this up? I am using sonar 5 producer and several librarian and editing program, and do want to go soft synth in the future and just don't know how to get this all hooked up so I can do midi tracks plus some audio tracks in sonar and still use my editor software for my various keyboards. Any help appreciated.

Archived