Best EQ

• Members

Originally posted by harbong

+1

I just got mine (#31) on thursday, and now I can't imagine how I lived without it. it's like attaching a big pair of balls to your tone.

+1000

I honestly don't know if I'll ever be switching it off.

I think mine is #25.

• Members

I Love and currently run 3 MXR KFK 10 band EQs into 3 differe3nt loops on My Bradshaw Switcher to assign to 3 different amp heads.
I love the MXR units(they have alotta bandwidth and target certain 800 and 1.6K stuff I like exactly) but also love the Boss GE-7 and the TC Electronics Parametric EQ.
EQ Pedals are a way cool thing-more so for an old school Metal player like myself who doesnt need hair raising gain -but instead needs to target certain EQ frequencies that my amps knob eq wont target or drag into realm.

• Members

the dano is a damn good little EQ pedal, and ill say "not just for the price"

in a sound/performance test it just was a much better EQ than either of the stock GE7s ive owned.

the only thing questionable is the plastic case, but ive never seen one broken. by the way i dont stil have one because im currently not using an EQ pedal, but if i were to get another it would be either the fish'n'chips for the performance factor - how well and transparent it operates.

• Members

I really hated the GE-7.. I could only tolerate it for metal in the effects loop..

I can't tolerate it in front of the amp.. even if just cutting..

right now I'm using a Carl Martin parametric preamp.. it's semi parametric.. but it sounds fantastic.. it runs at 15V I believe..

Archived