Black Crowes DVD

warioblast

• Members
Originally posted by warioblast

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EHSVO6/ref=pd_ts_d_83/103-9053514-4856637?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130

I just saw this on Amazon.
:freak:
Who saw it ? How is the show ?

I can't wait to hear your reviews
:D

NICE! I had seen them on Holloween last year and it was by far one of the best live shows I have ever seen.

I have to have this

There is a company that is recording all of the shows on the spot on CD format that you can buy after the shows.

:)

• Members

I actually just bought this yesterday.

The sound quality and footage are both fantastic, although Rich seems to sit a little low in the mix sometimes.

The setlist is great, not the best Ive ever seen, but still great.

My only complaint is during the jams and during Buttermilk Waltz, they cut to footage of the band walking around San Fran instead of showing the concert footage. I didnt like that much.

Overall though a great DVD and if youre a fan of the Crowes you really should pick it up.

• Members
Originally posted by cheebus

The sound quality and footage are both fantastic, although Rich seems to sit a little low in the mix sometimes.

My only complaint is during the jams and during Buttermilk Waltz, they cut to footage of the band walking around San Fran instead of showing the concert footage. I didnt like that much.

Overall though a great DVD and if youre a fan of the Crowes you really should pick it up.

• Members

Thats awesome, I've seen them twice since they got back together. I got a chance to check out the second night of the Hammerstein shows, it was the best Crowes show I have ever seen. They're so on now, and having Ford and Gorman there too is just incredible.

I also have tickets to go see the Robinson brothers acoustic show at Townhall in NYC in April too, def excited about that one.

• Members

Originally posted by cheebus

Agree 100%

• Members

Steve Gorman is insane in this DVD...I've gained sooo much more respect for his playing. His playing is so tight and his fills are perfect. Marc, as always, is on fire->maybe not his best performance but definatly a great one.

The Hard to Handle jam w/ the horns is pretty tight but it looks like Rich cut it short when they got mellow again (I saw 10/23 and Rich took a solo there and then they jammed and went back into the song). I think that really sweet part of the DVD is Mellow Down Easy. I love how the guitars interact w/ one another and Chir's vocals are right on....the way Marc plays w/ the Horns is also sick!

So: Maybe not the best Crowes performance but I'm not complaining...Great Buy! :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by kmcypress

Steve Gorman is insane in this DVD...I've gained sooo much more respect for his playing. His playing is so tight and his fills are perfect. Marc, as always, is on fire->maybe not his best performance but definatly a great one.

The Hard to Handle jam w/ the horns is pretty tight but it looks like Rich cut it short when they got mellow again (I saw 10/23 and Rich took a solo there and then they jammed and went back into the song). I think that really sweet part of the DVD is Mellow Down Easy. I love how the guitars interact w/ one another and Chir's vocals are right on....the way Marc plays w/ the Horns is also sick!

So: Maybe not the best Crowes performance but I'm not complaining...Great Buy!
:thu:

Very true

I've seen the Crowes many times, but when i saw them at Hammerstein they had Bill Dobrow playing drums, Gorman wasnt back in the band yet. Then when I saw them with Petty over the summer they had Gorman back and it was soooo much better.

Gorman is one of the best drummers ive ever seen. And the combo of him and Ford back in ther band is out of control. I know the Robinson bros are the backbone of the band but they are nothing without Gorman and Ford.

• Members

I agree with cheebus. The Crowes are ON right now. I saw them back in like '87 and they sucked. Saw them again this past September at Telluride Blues and Brews and it was phenominal.

I was front row and center about 10 feet away from the fellas and I was so happy to see them finally have there {censored} together.

• Members

Originally posted by blackberry

In '87, they were only together for about a year and Rich Robinson was only about 17....

I could be off on the year. It was the tour where they opened for ZZtop-Afterburner.

I don't think Rich was the problem back then. For me it was the fact that Chris was always {censored}ing with the vocal arrangement-coming in late, etc.

Anyway, I got a copy of the DVD today at lunch. My evening is set.

• Members

I hate to be the one to say something negative. Please don't take this personally but I just saw them earlier this month at the Langerado Festival in FLorida and was really underwhelmed. I had high hopes for that show.
They did sound great but they were BORING to watch. Other than Chris moving around a bit none of them moved an inch. They never even faced one another. I came to the show to hear them but I also expected to SEE a show. They seemed bored.
My other complaint with the show was that although I love a good jam, every song doesn't have to be dragged out for 20 minutes.
They have so many great songs I just wanted to hear more songs and less soloing.
Maybe I hit them on an off night. Or maybe they have moved off into jamband land...

Archived