Bartering...

booher

• Members

Originally posted by derek_32999

REALLY??? The boxes in usps are not free.

(Think about it, it is from the federal government!) It just depends on what slack ass pissed off worker that doesnt care is behind the counter.

Or maybe that is just N.C.

there are the 'store' boxes, that get sold in the PO store area (although not all POs have this area), near the bubble-wrap, wrapping paper, and stuff. those boxes are a couple bucks each.

there is also a section that is devoted to just Priority Mail stuff -- labels, document envelopes, and boxes (all marked Priority). these boxes are in fact free of charge. i'd guess its built into the cost of the Priority postage (although who knows with an organisation like that).

• Members

Originally posted by MrSage

I get all my boxes free from USPS.

They have a store at usps.com

You just enter your shipping information, pick out your boxes, and they send them to you.

They're marked Priority Mail, but that's what I use anyway. There's one size that's perfect for pedals.

OMG MR Sage and L6Sguy You just saved me SOOO MUCH HASSLE!!!!! Thanks!!

• Members
Originally posted by derek_32999

OMG MR Sage and L6Sguy You just saved me SOOO MUCH HASSLE!!!!! Thanks!!

I bought myself a postal scale with the money I saved on boxes.

Now I can weigh packages and pay for postage/print labels online when someone pays using PayPal.

Leave it for the mailman and no post office stop is even necessary.

:thu:

• Members

I bought myself a postal scale with the money I saved on boxes.

Now I can weigh packages and pay for postage/print labels online when someone pays using PayPal.

Leave it for the mailman and no post office stop is even necessary.

:thu:

now THERE is a smart mofo!

No more whining about "blah blah, custom forms are hard, standing in line for 30 minutes at the post office".

So with this info, guys like FlyingV83 can finally start selling internationally and make more money! ;):thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Speeddemon

now THERE is a smart mofo!

No more whining about "blah blah, custom forms are hard, standing in line for 30 minutes at the post office".

So with this info, guys like FlyingV83 can finally start selling internationally and make more money!
;):thu:

Ah...

Unfortunately you still have to stand in line for International items weighing over 1 pound.

:mad:

• Members

Ah...

Unfortunately you still have to stand in line for International items weighing over 1 pound.

:mad:

that is crap.

But so are the prices of UPS/Fedex for shipping a pedal internationally too!

With USPS Global Priority Variable Weight, is $12.75 up to 1.5lbs.
With UPS it's $66! :eek:

• Members

I don't haggle. I don't have the patience, and i'm not "savvy" enough. I think bartering requires a certain amount of persistance and/or charm. I'm a charmless {censored}, and i'm lazy. Give me the thing, i'll give you the money because i want to get the {censored} out of there as quickly as possible. I go into gear shops knowing a rough idea of what i want, with the money. I don't haggle in Tesco's. Why should i haggle in a guitar shop? I've seen people haggle for picks. Over {censored}in' pennies. The thing is, these dip{censored}s are paying 50p for one pick - they're 25p online. You'll never get a 50% knock-off from a shop over here, unless you're a very regular big paying customer, because they know you'll be back in a fortnight and drop 3 grand, so it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

I don't argue when i sell stuff, either. If i say i want 60 quid and someone offers me 55, i'll take it. Even though i only sell gear because i need the cash badly, not for "upgrading" or anything like that, i just... want the cash, as quickly as possible. I realise i've shot myself in the foot with reagrds to any future spam i put on here, but i don't care. Bills/food > gear.

Just about.

• Members

Yeah, I literally CAN NOT buy in gear shops anymore because the prices are just brutal compared to what I can get online...

I mean, I just bought a Moog Phaser for $180! No one is EVER going to come close to that in Los Angeles. So now I just browse in shops, figure out what I like, and then buy it here or on eBay.

Bartering for a Boss Compressor is just silly-- they're a dime a dozen.

Archived