Arse or Ass. Discuss

Vince

• Members
Originally posted by english_bob

...and I think I speak for the majority of the UK when I say that we hate it when brits try to sound american. I know a guy whose ex-girlfriend (from London) used to lapse into this valley-girl thing in the middle of conversations, brain-dead california accent and all. "Oh yah, like totally coooo-uhhhl!" I wanted to slap the {censored} out of her every time she did it.

Hey, people fake that accent over here, too. :D

• Members

Originally posted by english_bob

...and I think I speak for the majority of the UK when I say that we hate it when brits try to sound american. I know a guy whose ex-girlfriend (from London) used to lapse into this valley-girl thing in the middle of conversations, brain-dead california accent and all. "Oh yah, like totally coooo-uhhhl!" I wanted to slap the {censored} out of her every time she did it.

yeah, it definitely goes both ways. People try to be cool here by spelling things like colour or favour and say "bloody" a lot, but it just seems phony over here if you aren't from Europe.

I always assumed people in other countries tried to act American. A lot of nerdy guys in the U.S. are obsessed with Japan, I figure there are plenty of Japanese trying to be American, too.

I guess everybody's annoying. {censored} em!

Ass.

Archived