Velcro versus Plastic ties

porsch8

• Members

I always considered using velcro, but the cable ties are an interesting alternative....

I imagine they would work for some pedals, but for big pedals, i'd need to use velcro...

So maybe just use velcro all around

• Members
Originally posted by L6Sguy

completely removable with a bottle of GooGone, a citrus-based cleaner, available at all supermarkets for $2.25.

Good to know. I wish I'd known about that before selling a few pedals with velcro on the bottom.

• Members

Originally posted by murch33

Good to know. I wish I'd known about that before selling a few pedals with velcro on the bottom.

sometimes it can be a bit tough to find; look near floor cleaners and such, where theres usually a few random non-specific cleaners placed at the end of the section.

office max/etc usually have some on hand as well.

great stuff, a drop cleans plenty. one bottle can go forever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I read once where someone recommended putting a piece of heavy duty tape on the bottom of the pedal first. Then gluing the adhesive side of the velcro to the tape. That way you could remove the velcro later (along with the tape) and not crap up the bottom of the pedal. Has anyone had any success with this?

• Members

Velcro for moveability (after reading month's worth of contradictory posts, I"ve tried industrial strength, black velcro and it works great) then shoe strings to prevent someone from quickly snatching a pedal when you're gigging (and they won't scratch the paint). Wrap the shoestring several times, maybe in an x, for greater theft-proof.

• Members

Originally posted by BluesRock

I read once where someone recommended putting a piece of heavy duty tape on the bottom of the pedal first. Then gluing the adhesive side of the velcro to the tape. That way you could remove the velcro later (along with the tape) and not crap up the bottom of the pedal. Has anyone had any success with this?

tape leaves residue also

• Members

Originally posted by onbongos

tape leaves residue also

break out the GooGone then. under $3 a bottle, and will remove every splotch of glue-residue in your entire life. really.

it'll remove the glue from the velcro, too.

Archived