Distortion/Overdrive for a Fender Blues Junior

• Members

If you go to the Fenderforum, there is a guy there that goes by BillM that does great mods on the Blues Jr amps to really get the most out of them. If low end is what you want seriously give the Barber Direct Drive a try very dynamic and organic to your tone.

• Members

Originally posted by ode2no1

yeah its near impossible for me to get a distorted tone im satisfied with when playing my blues junior. the low end thing really is a problem too. it just gets farty...so running any gain pedals with a decent amount of low end just turns to mush. i really want to like my blues junior more cause ive had it for years...i guess el-84's just arent my thing.

1. The Blues Jr. is a workhorse amp. It's not the Blues Jr.

2. If the sound gets farty when pushing high dist. through the amp, turn down the amps bass knob.

3. Try the Boss Mega Dist-2 pedal. It has an EQ that adds hella bass and treble and it sounds mean.

4. EL-84's are used because of the size of the amp. The sound has more to do with the speaker. Maybe think about picking up a Celestion 1x12 that handles high gain better.

5. Don't get rid of your Blues Jr. you'll kick yourself if you do. And it's perfect for recording. Dig it.

• Members

Originally posted by Takawiffonme

1. The Blues Jr. is a workhorse amp. It's not the Blues Jr.

2. If the sound gets farty when pushing high dist. through the amp, turn down the amps bass knob.

3. Try the Boss Mega Dist-2 pedal. It has an EQ that adds hella bass and treble and it sounds mean.

4. EL-84's are used because of the size of the amp. The sound has more to do with the speaker. Maybe think about picking up a Celestion 1x12 that handles high gain better.

5. Don't get rid of your Blues Jr. you'll kick yourself if you do. And it's perfect for recording. Dig it.

I agree on all points.

Archived