Fender Supersonic - how to turn a lame axe into a pro piece of gear?

sonaboy

• Members

Originally posted by NITEFLY182

I wouldnt change a thing. Supersonics are awesome right out of the box. The pickups and hardware are decent and they play great. Just ask Omar...

sorry, but i don't agree.

scratchy pots, loose knobs...maybe they've improved since the years that my friend bought his, but this one is a lame duck

• Members

my solution would be contact cleaner and a pair of pliars. Seriously If you want to spend money replace the tuners and bridge with good american made parts. Get a bone nut and clean the whole thing up. Put some seymour duncan fat cats in it and then build in a phase 90. Then youd have a sweet noise rock axe befitting that shape and era in rock history.

• Members

Originally posted by NITEFLY182

my solution would be contact cleaner and a pair of pliars. Seriously If you want to spend money replace the tuners and bridge with good american made parts. Get a bone nut and clean the whole thing up. Put some seymour duncan fat cats in it and then build in a phase 90. Then youd have a sweet noise rock axe befitting that shape and era in rock history.

fat cats?

• Members

Originally posted by vigor&kandor

super-sonics are japanese buddy.

i put a GFS vintage '59 in the bridge and a Fender Noiseless tele lipstick in the neck of mine. i also but the a strap button o the to horn. they hang funny, but mine has a great neck.

that must look awful.

• Members

as long as the neck plays nicely and there aren't any gross mistakes like a misaligned bridge or something, most cheapies can be made into rockers. because everything else is replaceable.

phat cats or GFS 90s are a good idea. then again, i dislike HBs.
in any case most cheapies have awful ceramic magnet pups which, thanks to GFS and Mighty Mite, can be replaced for a song. or even just one verse of a song!

Archived