How many are Using an EQ Pedal???

came2play

• Members

Hey guys,

I've been watching some vids at the Xotic site and one thing I notice is that the regular sound most of the guys are getting from their strats is something I can't seem to get. Mainly the really good 4th position "cluck". it's almost as it were compressed to accentuate the pick sound.

Do alot of strat players use an EQ pedal to really dial in that "Strat" sound? Do you?

Can you recommend a great EQ pedal?

• Members

(selling my Antelope in the SPAM thread)

i just don't need one.

i've tried the dano mini, the boss ge-7,

a programmable Ibanez parametric, and a few others.

they're handy, but i don't generally keep anything i

don't use often.

if i had a studio though, i'd definitely use the Antelope

and/or a programmable parametric.

• Members

I think a lot of ppl get an EQ to fix a problem. That's not the way to do it. Fix

the problem first and get the EQ later to give you more sounds.

I would like a parametric EQ pedal but don't know anybody that makes one. ?

Boss used to make one but they are rare.

• Members

Originally posted by Fred5

I think a lot of ppl get an EQ to fix a problem. That's not the way to do it. Fix

the problem first and get the EQ later to give you more sounds.

I would like a parametric EQ pedal but don't know anybody that makes one. ?

Boss used to make one but they are rare.

I think TC Electronic makes one.

• Members

I've got an american deluxe strat and a mxr 10 band eq. After much experimenting I've now settled on using the eq first in the pedal chain to shape the guitars sound. I always have it on except when I use the s1 switch for a more humbucker sound, then I turn it off bc I don't want the sound all mudded up. I have the amps eq set for the humbucker sound so it sounds great when switching bw the two. My amp was a hot rod deluxe but thats on ebay, my guitar teachers buddy has an all original 68 fender twin reverb in excellent condition I'm pickin up soon so I'll let you know how the eq sounds with that. No noise added at all due to the fact the guitar is awesome so it only enhances an already awesome tone. But I like control over my sound, and this pedal only gives you more versitilaty in doing so. After buying many pedals and not needing most of them this is the one pedal I'll never get rid of. It just gives the tone so much more character, i love it. Hope this helps

Archived