keeley BD-2 or OD-3?

Cymeon

• Members

what kind of amp is this? id actually look at the java boost (only going by the RHCP comment though) you can select 3 different neat modes, and its a BOOST pedal, not overdrive, so it depends on your amp..tube amps, u can get a complete OD with it, SS is a different story (unless its behr ) from my experiences that is

• Members

Originally posted by MadSkillzMan

what kind of amp is this? id actually look at the java boost (only going by the RHCP comment though) you can select 3 different neat modes, and its a BOOST pedal, not overdrive, so it depends on your amp..tube amps, u can get a complete OD with it, SS is a different story (unless its behr ) from my experiences that is

I have Marshall 2204 (50 watter) and Avatar 4x12 cab. Vintage 30 and greenbacks

• Members
Originally posted by orourke

I like the Keeley/Ibanez TS-9 much more than the Keeley/Boss BD-2. I've found it much thicker and warmer, it's my favorite dirt box.

Do you have the Plus Mod or the Baked Mod? I've got a TS-9 just lying around not being used and I've debated sending it in to Keeley. I don't really need any more dirt on my board, but it's not really worth selling and I might as well find some use for it.

• Members

Howdy!

Hey, both are really nice tones for sure!

We have some mods we are getting to do to those REALLY SOON...the OD-3 that is...

some mods are so simpole you can just cut parts out or solder a wire across them!!! Yeah, short/open/short/open/short/open...okay enough silly...

Unsillynessly...try them out at a local GC, etc...

Check out how the OD-3 has this neat "hollow-like" strat-srv thing going on...that is a kinda-sort Twin-T filter...that can be switched on or off....

If you think the OD-3 is a little dark and want a touch more responsiveness and less compression...there are a pair of diodes around a transistor that cn be removed....

Both are neat pedals. The BOSS engineers that developed those pedals are some tone-freaks and did a great job of getting amp tone in a box.

Thanks!

rk

• Members

Originally posted by murch33

Do you have the Plus Mod or the Baked Mod? I've got a TS-9 just lying around not being used and I've debated sending it in to Keeley. I don't really need any more dirt on my board, but it's not really worth selling and I might as well find some use for it.

I had my TS-9 sitting on the shelf for years, I just found it to be weak and muddy. I was using a TS9DX instead, but I decided to send the TS-9 our to Keeley for the Plus Mod, now I love that pedal, it's been by far my most used pedal on my board for over a year. I tried the Baked Mod on the TS9DX but it was too snarly for me, I sent it back and Mr. Keeley un-baked it and gave it the plus mod instead (for no extra charge), I run them both on my board.

If you have a TS-9 just sitting around, I highly recomend the Plus Mod, it's a %100 improvement over stock.

Archived