Taxman gave me money! What should I buy?

• Members

hi guys, i have some funds to play around with thanks to my tax refund...what should i get?

i figure i need:

trem (semaphore?)

reverb (?)

high gain overdrive or distortion (?)

wah (wizard wah?)

what good modulation pedals are out there that have expression pedal jacks?

i love the smashing pumpkins sound...so i guess that's a point of reference, also perfect circle, radiohead ('dollars and cents')

anything else i should get besides the above? rig in sig

oh yeah i try not to go over 200 USD per pedal, though rules are made to be broken...

• Members

Those are some good choices in music...what are your favorite SP APC and radiohead albums?

I just use a big muff for SP sound, I guess Billy is said to use a Fender Blender..I've been looking into one..but I haven't been able to try one out anywhere...so I don't know about that right now. The Big muff gives you really good SP sound..but it isn't very versatile.. it's pretty much SP sound and nothing else..but well worth it.

• Members

you are asking people here to make you gas?

okey.
I would get the semaphore. I have been saving for one for the past month and from what I've heard online me likes. There is a new one coming out from empress and want to check that out.

http://www.empresseffects.com/tremolo.php

the EX-7 is cool for the whammy and the wah plus the flanger is pretty good. I dont ever use the space station thing not my cup of tea.
From what ive heard here the line 6 reverb stompbox is really good. I dont use reverb either but it has good reviews.

• Members

Originally posted by KyleVk

Those are some good choices in music...what are your favorite SP APC and radiohead albums?

I just use a big muff for SP sound, I guess Billy is said to use a Fender Blender..I've been looking into one..but I haven't been able to try one out anywhere...so I don't know about that right now. The Big muff gives you really good SP sound..but it isn't very versatile.. it's pretty much SP sound and nothing else..but well worth it.

Siamese Dream, Mer De Noms, Ok Computer

though my fav pumpkins song is soma and the first half of glass and the ghost children, fav radiohead song is dollars and cents

i think i'm ok with the muff sounds with the icbm fuzz, though i'm thinking of trying out DA MOAF maybe

• Members

Originally posted by fusionid

you are asking people here to make you gas?

okey.

I would get the semaphore. I have been saving for one for the past month and from what I've heard online me likes. There is a new one coming out from empress and want to check that out.

the EX-7 is cool for the whammy and the wah plus the flanger is pretty good. I dont ever use the space station thing not my cup of tea.

From what ive heard here the line 6 reverb stompbox is really good. I dont use reverb either but it has good reviews.

yeah had my eye on empress effects, if i remembe they're in canada too

any tone-suck issues with the ex-7 at all?

• Members

Originally posted by DJLantz444

trem - Diaz Tremodillo

reverb - Ehx Holy Grail

high gain overdrive or distortion - What amp do you have?

wah - Vox V848.

And, for Smashing pumpkins, you need a fuzz.

Skreddy Mayo

mesa dual recto

fender blues junior

also have an old Hughes & Kettner i haven't used in years

• Members
Originally posted by DJLantz444

Oh, sorry, I was oblivious, you have a nice fuzz already.

But, really, what amp do you play through?

most hi gain pedals don't sound very good..

oh yeah lately i've been playing through the headphone out of a v-amp pro :o i have volume level issues where i live right now :(

Archived