Chrous with Delay or Modulated Delay?

hoffi

• Members

Hi,

I want to spend around 400$ to get a warmer chorus/delay sound (clean & distortion)

In fact I want to use a warm clean sound (chorus with delay) and when playing solos I just want to add delay to my sound. Now I saw two possiblities, but I just don't know in which pedal(s) I should invest, maybe you can help me out ;) :

1. Possiblity:

BOSS DD-3 with AnalogMan HighCut-Mod

AnalogMan Bi-Chorus

2. Possiblity:

Diamond Memory Lane

Which one will sound better: A chorus in combination with a delay (1. possiblity) or a modulated delay (2. possiblity)?

Thanks in advance for all answers ;)

Hoffi

• Members

I'd say that the Memory Lane will nail that sound you're looking for and give you a lot of delay versatility.

Separate chorus and delay might give it a little more color, but I think the separation of clean and modulated delay makes it more colorful. However, you also get the option of chorus without delay this way.

So if you want a sweet delay, go for Memory Lane. If you want a dedicated chorus, go for the combo.

• Members
www.taranaki-guitars.de in germany and www.gvees.com in the netherlands wanna have 400 euros from you for the lane. i just got one 1 week or a little more ago.. and i am in love with it!! very very nice!

i personally don't like the clips on their homepage. search this forum for memory lane clip(s) and you will find one very nice clip posted a few weeks ago!

• Members
Originally posted by hoffi

Hi,

I want to spend around 400$ to get a warmer chorus/delay sound (clean & distortion)

In fact I want to use a warm clean sound (chorus with delay) and when playing solos I just want to add delay to my sound. Now I saw two possiblities, but I just don't know in which pedal(s) I should invest, maybe you can help me out
;)
:

1. Possiblity:

BOSS DD-3 with AnalogMan HighCut-Mod

AnalogMan Bi-Chorus

2. Possiblity:

Diamond Memory Lane

Which one will sound better: A chorus in combination with a delay (1. possiblity) or a modulated delay (2. possiblity)?

Thanks in advance for all answers
;)

Hoffi

Always go modulated delay... The just sound more lush...

• Members

Originally posted by Lanefair

DD20 surely.

Also I think modulated delay sounds just fine without chorus on top of it (technically before it, but you know what I mean).

sorry, but i will disagree there totally!! i owned the dd20 and besides some great delays i hated the modulated delay setting. was awful imho.. then get the line6 dl4 .. this one does it better!

other modulated delays would be:

deluxe memory man

+

jaques prisoner delay

(+ both are analog and i think that is the key to a good modulated delay sound!)

• Members

Thanks for the answers so far...

I maybe forgot to mention that I ordered an echoczar a week ago, maybe I should then go for the first possibility because when I receive my echoczar at the end of the year, the memory lane won't be used anymore. What do you think?

• Members

Originally posted by hoffi

Thanks for the answers so far...

I maybe forgot to mention that I ordered an echoczar a week ago, maybe I should then go for the first possibility because when I receive my echoczar at the end of the year, the memory lane won't be used anymore. What do you think?

well well.. so you will have to wait a long long time for your czar! really i am on the list since last november and don't expect to be next in row for the next 6-9 months.. well at least i don't know. (*shrugs* and i think i will cancel)

but here 2 good reasons why you should get the memory lane.. :

1) it is more like the echoczar. it's a superb analog modulation delay! and you will need to play it a lot(!) because you won't have the echoczar tomorrow!! so use it until you have it! it will prepare you for tha monsta..

2) if the day comes and your czar is finished then you can sell it!

• Members
Originally posted by stereotypy

sorry, but i will disagree there totally!! i owned the dd20 and besides some great delays i hated the modulated delay setting. was awful imho.. then get the line6 dl4 .. this one does it better!

I'm just the opposite. The DL-4 was fun for a while, but the DD-20 is the one I still own. And it's modulated delay is just... different. It's not in the same league as the Memory Lane's modulation, but I still preferred it over the DL-4's. I really enjoyed using the DD-20's modulated delays until I got a Memory Lane. Now I use it much less.

Archived