~$560 to spend

DJLantz444

• Members

So I'm selling some pedals that I like alright, but I think that I could do better, so here goes..

I think I want..

Hotcake OR Cot50 Used (still not sure)

Magicboy Vibe

Analog Delay with the rest of the money (Around $250)

Any ideas for the delay or which of the two ODs I should get? I play blues and rock and I'm looking for something to stack with my Timmy and something that sounds good with the neck pickup of the strat. For the delay.. I like the Maxons, True bypassed DMM.. that's all I know.. If only the Memory Lane were a bit cheaper.

:p

• Members

There's a few used COTs on The Gear Page, which you probably already know. Never played a HotCake, but the COT is magical with a strat!

Used Magicboy vibes are going under $120 on ebay.

You COULD email Sean about a new COT and vibe and see what he says.

Is delay a main part of your sound?

How many MS do you need?

Is tap tempo a must?

I ask, because I don't use delay that often, never have. I had a Memory Lane that I LOVED. It IS a great pedal. However, after I had to sell it, I found a Analogman modded BOSS DD-3. It has a Hi-Cut mod to make it convincingly analog sounding, and I got more delay time. Keeley or AM can also do this mod to a DD-6 which would give you the tap tempo option.

They come so damn close to what I used the ML for, that I'm happy. Came out ahead monetarily and with more space on my board for more pedals!!

• Members

Originally posted by Last Nerve

There's a few used COTs on The Gear Page, which you probably already know. Never played a HotCake, but the COT is magical with a strat!

Used Magicboy vibes are going under $120 on ebay.

You COULD email Sean about a new COT and vibe and see what he says.

Is delay a main part of your sound?

How many MS do you need?

Is tap tempo a must?

I ask, because I don't use delay that often, never have. I had a Memory Lane that I LOVED. It IS a great pedal. However, after I had to sell it, I found a Analogman modded BOSS DD-3. It has a Hi-Cut mod to make it convincingly analog sounding, and I got more delay time. Keeley or AM can also do this mod to a DD-6 which would give you the tap tempo option.

They come so damn close to what I used the ML for, that I'm happy. Came out ahead monetarily and with more space on my board for more pedals!!

Under 120 for a Vibe? I'll have money left over at this rate. :D

I've only seen one COT50 at the gearpage.. and it was $185, I'd like to pay less if possible. I'll probably have to go further back in the forum. Tap tempo isn't a must, not at all. I like a rather short delay, or sometimes a medium-tempo one with like 3 repeats. Nothing fancy, but I like a nice analog tone, which is why I'm looking at Maxon or EHX. I'd LOVE the Memory Lane, but I can't justify spending that much, seeing as delay isn't "essential" to me.

Thanks for the help.. and that Magicboy $120 was very encouraging. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

I will just say, DO NOT buy the DD-6. If you're going to go that route, just get the DD-20.

I think the DMM modded by Howard Davis is the way to go for an analog delay in your price range.

Can I get one new (or an old one already modded) or do I have to send one in to him?

• Members

Originally posted by DJLantz444

Can I get one new (or an old one already modded) or do I have to send one in to him?

I bought one directly from him, and you could probably find one from somebody here or on Ebay that is already modded.

You could get one for less than 200 bucks easily, but I'm not sure how much Howard charges for the mods.

Archived