Looking for some opinions on pedal order

beardog

• Members

Trying to figure out the best order to set these pedals in.

Listed in current order:

Fender PT-10 (tuner)

Morely Tremonti Wah

Ibanez TS9DX

Boss DS-1

MXR Micro Amp (boost)

Ibanex FL-9

Boss DD-3

Boss CE-5

All going directly into a Peavey classic 30 with 2x12 cab

Any thought/suggestions would be appreciated.

• Members

Originally posted by Stratotone

If your amp has an effects loop, you might also try running your time based effects (delay, chorus, flanger) through it.

Pete

I always forget about the effects loop. I do have one. I might as well use it right???

For some reason the wah possed the biggest problem. It's either way to soft, or way too shrill sounding. I move it alot, and I'm never totaly happy. On it's own though it sounds great

• Members

Originally posted by beardog

I always forget about the effects loop. I do have one. I might as well use it right???

For some reason the wah possed the biggest problem. It's either way to soft, or way too shrill sounding. I move it alot, and I'm never totaly happy. On it's own though it sounds great

I never use effects loops, but they work really well for some people with delay and chorus, so definatley try it out.

I'm never happy with my wah placement either. In front of dirt pedals its too pronounced, and before them its sometimes too subtle. I usually keep it in front of everything and just use it as a filter type effect with dirt pedals, and as a wah when I'm just running clean.

• Members

But won't that add more gain? Where it is now really seems to add some volume, and fatten up the tone for leads.

If it's a volume boost you want, put the Micro-Amp in the fx/loop as well.

• Members

Trying to figure out the best order to set these pedals in.

Listed in current order:

Fender PT-10 (tuner)

Morely Tremonti Wah

Ibanez TS9DX

Boss DS-1

MXR Micro Amp (boost)

Ibanex FL-9

Boss DD-3

Boss CE-5

All going directly into a Peavey classic 30 with 2x12 cab

Any thought/suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a classic 30 and i run my phaser, delay, and chorus in the efects loop. You might try to run the tuner from the second output of the dd-3. I keep my wah in the front also. I have my delay last, but thats my preference, but if you havnt tried that, you could give it a shot. Everything else looks good

Archived