Any tips on a good OD for my tube amp?

Munkeyfish

• Members

I'm looking for a good OD or distortion for my amp. I play throught a Groove Tubes Soul-O-30 Head and 2x12 cab. It is Class A. It has a great sounding boost on its own, but I want more verity of tones to work with. The OD's I have now just suck the tone and sound all compressed. I use both single coil and humbuckers.( strats,tele customs. Hamer Studio) The head is also sporting KT88 of 6L6's, depending on what I toss in there.

So any ideas would be great! Thanks.

• Members

My OD's... Boss OD-3, Tech 21 Double Drive Limited ED. Vintage Rat (1975) VS Route 66 (works pretty good in my set up) VS Jeckel & Hyde Now not all on the board, but most don't fly too well with this amp, do well with my other amps though. And I'm looking for true bypass too if possible.

• Members

I got the low watter covered ( Soul_O-Single) Just wanting some good sound verity at my feet that don't suck my tone out. Today at rehersel, it seemed like every OD I used, just killed the tone and dropped the volume and squashed my tone- dymatics just fell away. The only good OD sound I was getting was from the amps boost switch. I can controll that well with the guitar volume, but I was hopeing to add another flavor to my sound without killing my tone. I should say thar the Tech 21 is used for just a clean boost.

Archived