Having an issue with my MI Audio Blues Prototype

• Members

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me fix a bit of a problem with my MI Audio Blues Protoype pedal (big metal box version) which I just purchased.

When I have it set for a clean boost (gain down, volume up) it doesn't seem to boost the amp as much as my Sparkle Drive does. If I add a little on the gain side, it loudens up though.

I've also noticed that when I twist the gain knob from 0-10, with the pedal on it crackles at each end, and when the pedal is off the LED flickers at each end.

Any idea how can fix this?

• Members

Originally posted by Seth Carmody

I have a MI Audio Blueboy and the gain/volume issue you speak of made it over to the production pedal. Increasing the gain also increases the volume, quite substantially. With the gain on 0 it hardly boosts at all.

Actually, the Blues Prototype I have is the same as the Blues Pro pedal not the Blue Boy. But it's entirely possible that I just need to tweak the gain over the level of zero to make it boost up.

Anyone have any ideas regarding the flickering LED?

• Members

I dont know the design of the bluespro, but I know there are a number of ways you can set up circuits where a gain varying pot will make the circuit crackle a bit. I might be more worried about the LED flicker.

First place to look, locate the wireds going to the led. One probably comes off the PCB, while the other probable comes off the switch. The one on the pcb is probably always on, and the one on the switch opens and closes the circuit turning the LED off and on. See if any of the stripped leads on the switch look like they might be touching the LED terminal on the swtich.

hope that helps.

• Members

Originally posted by ScreaminKing

Actually, the Blues Prototype I have is the same as the Blues Pro pedal not the Blue Boy. But it's entirely possible that I just need to tweak the gain over the level of zero to make it boost up.

Yeah, but the circuits are more or less the same. The Blues Prototype is the prototype for the BlueBoy. Just letting you know that the whole gain/volume relationship you speak of isn't limited to your pedal.

Archived