Hmm why didnt I think of this B4?

• Members

Bought an Altec Lansing computer speaker setup today and I went ahead and ran my IPOD thru it. Very cool sounding setup. Then i saw my 1/8 to 1/4 inch adaptor. I plugged in the POD and its a great sounding bedroom platform for the POD.

Got it at a garage sale today along with a peavey gigbag for 10 bucks.:thu:

• Members

Back to the topic

Ive been jamming with the POD 2.0 into this computer speaker setup. Its the best Ive ever heard the POD. I guess when people say its meant to run thru a flat sounding system this is what they are talking about. Its scary how good of a Mesa and Marshall sound I dialed in.

• Members

I have a pair of m-audio bx8's... my pod sounded pretty good through them before i got rid of it.

As far as the ipod thing goes, I think most of the accessories they sell for it are a rip off. I probably have 3 pairs of old computer speakers arround here from previous systems, and i can always buy a $5 cable and plug it in to my 800 watt stereo system.

The only thing those stand alone ipod plug in things have going for them is a neatness factor. no cables everywhere, but I have cables everywhere anyways... im a guitar player.

edit... didnt mean to try to hijack your thread... was just having some fun.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

I have a pair of m-audio bx8's... my pod sounded pretty good through them before i got rid of it.

As far as the ipod thing goes, I think most of the accessories they sell for it are a rip off. I probably have 3 pairs of old computer speakers arround here from previous systems, and i can always buy a $5 cable and plug it in to my 800 watt stereo system.

The only thing those stand alone ipod plug in things have going for them is a neatness factor. no cables everywhere, but I have cables everywhere anyways... im a guitar player.

edit... didnt mean to try to hijack your thread... was just having some fun.

Ha no its cool man. I dont have a home stereo so this was pretty cool. Ill probably set it up for my lesson rooms. Maybe one for IPOD and one for POD.

• Members

I hate to admit it but with enough power like a keyboard amp I could be totally happy with these tones live. This is the older POD also. Running it thru an amp seems to really kill what the POD is attempting to do. This is the first time Ive heard it without headphones and went wow.

• Members

my pod xt sounds great with my computer speakers - it was actually the only amp i had for a while (was between heads and couldn't afford anything).

but even though it sounds great, to me it sounds like listening to a great guitar tone on a cd - the tone is killer, but it doesn't breathe like a real amp (which is b/c it's not, i know)

cool setup, though

• Members
Originally posted by Soulgolem

Intend to gig with this setup ?
:rolleyes:

Why not? I dont recall filling out a "purity of tone" form when I booked the gigs.

I gigged last summer in front of almost 4k people witha 1x12 combo. I let the soundman do his job. Do I lose my secret decoder ring?

Archived