**Limited Edition Synthesizers?**

flat earth

• Members

Originally posted by orangefunk

I guess it all depends what you mean by "limited edition".

It's like a special model of car. Buick releases its limited edition Roadmaster, for example. Or, like Kurzweil - slap some wood panels on the side of a K2500 and you've got...

Kurzweil.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep I agree with that. :)

I remember that keyboard in a Keyboardmag give away... I think Rollerator had one too..

Originally posted by Mike Conway

It's like a special model of car. Buick releases its limited edition Roadmaster, for example. Or, like Kurzweil - slap some wood panels on the side of a K2500 and you've got...

Kurzweil.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by pizzamon

The quasimidi nucleus

I think that big monster of a kurzweil VA1 was limited right?

AFAIK, these were never released, limited or otherwise.

As the Neuron, any synth that manufacturers stopped making for some reason could be called "limited", but I don't think that's what is in mind.

Waldorf's Mean Green Machine was limited. Perhaps the Cwejman S2 counts, since only 13 of those were made.

• Members

Originally posted by myteeGTi

holy sheet!
:eek:

They both went to Trent Reznor. He wanted to use the XTk for his MTV Awards Show appearance, but didnt want to have a bright orange synth on stage with him. He ended up calling Waldorf, and asked them if they could make him a pair of black XTk's. The guys at Waldorf said that they felt honored and could not refuse his request.

• Members

She had a wicked collection of synths. Hopefully she might come back? ........

I dunno, most of her stuff wasn't that interesting, too many of just different versions of the same synth and too many romplers. I mean seriously what studio person needs more than 1 korg rompler? Anyway I sure people would say the same thing about my stuff, who needs that much essoteric synthesis.

I think DSI needs a limited edition synth. A black and flame orange PEK with 12 voices and no aliasing on the digital side for about $3900. It would fit with the model line since the model line is 3 versions of the same thing anyway.

• Members

Originally posted by pizzamon

the hartmann neuron

Trouble with that is that the Neuron wasn't intended to be limited edition, it just worked out that way due to their high price-point and extremely niche archetecture. Too bad. Was fun.

• Members

Originally posted by pighood

I likes mine yeller.

I like the yellow ones too.

Anyhow, you can allways swap the cases. Give yourself a limited edition yellow Q+, and then sell a burgundy 16 voice Q on ebay.

;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Limited editions can be quite desirable and collectable. Here's my Mellenium Silver EX5.

Ex5.jpg' alt='>'> [/img]

I once played one of those gold 76 key dx7 keyboards, very nice indeed.

Archived