where the hell should the boost go?

• Members

well, i suppose i'm just boosting the general signal, no real pedal in particular. my first guess was all the way at the end. but just wanted to see what people said.

i could've swore that i've seen plenty of threads that covered this, but when i searched it, i came up with a lot of off topic threads...

• Members

if you've set it for pushing the amp harder, you might find that it's overdriving other pedals in the chain if it's first. check for that by turning it off and on while other pedals in the chain are on... it's also possible to overdrive pedals like boss and ibanez non-true-bypass circuits. in that case, even when the boss pedal is off, it can be overdriven by a booster. put the booster in the final position (just before the amp) and see if it has better tone than when it's first.

generally, fuzzes like the fuzz face and fuzz factory don't like boosters in front of them.

• Members

Originally posted by jonny guitar

I run my Boost pedal last in the signal chain.

I generally agree with this method. Something about the boost hitting tubes directly, nothing else in between to react to the volume spike. Baby cake.

Archived