Re Pad Vendor for Clarinet?

• Members

I would ask around your local area. Find players or music teachers to ask, a local college music program would be a great place to ask. I am a tech, and have done work for people over the net, but with the weather the way it is, would not want to ship any horn right now, temp and humidity can change the dimensions of an instrument and put undue stress on the body, release pads etc. Local is the way to go whenever possible, the place that you talked to may, or may not be competent, but if you ask around, there is likely someone within driving distance that can do a good job for you. Expect to pay from 100 to 300 for the work, depending on whats involved. Damaged tone holes, cracks, loose key work, whether you want cork pads on the upper section, loose tenons, broken springs, loose rings etc. can all add to the cost of a mechanical overhaul, or re-pad.

• Members

Thanks for the tips really appreciate it. Think I will give the local colllege program a call, not sure why I forgot about them! Allways the stuff right under my nose...

Need to get spring reapaired as well, the rest is in good shape I will let you know how it goes.

• Members

I'm a tech, well, part time, I own a small shop that does school band as well as guitars and sound system stuff, so I do a little bit of everything, but I would absolutely second what saxdaddy1 said. Another reason would be that if you need something adjusted a bit after the fact, you have someone near you that you can take it to, rather than sending it back off again.

Archived