I'm So Pissed Right now

Lensrock

• Members

So, I look up my final grades online and this {censored}ing professor gave me a D in my Topics in Research and Writing History class. I worked my ass off on the final paper and did good on everything else. the final paper was worth 45%, which means that i had to fail it. That sucks. I worked my ass off, and I need that class cause I'm a history major.

• Members

that makes me :mad: I am having the same problem with my ancient philos class. I have maybe a C at best, but the clas is so disorganized. I got straight A's last term and have a 3.88 gpa going into my senoir year, and this class may blow my chances of get that gpa even higher. I need it to be high because I plan for my master's when I'm done.

• Members

maybe you need to think about changing your major?

how have you done on writing in the past?
did you miss a major objective of the paper or something?
what happens if you take the class over? do you have grade forgiveness at your school?

• Members

Get your paper back, go in and ask him what you did wrong. If he {censored}s you, go to your dean and complain. There's no excuse for teachers shafting you on a paper like that, especially if you worked your ass off in the class. I can understand him dumping a C on you if he didn't think your final paper was that great, but giving you a D is just {censored}ty.

I've had to deal with this before in History classes, some teachers will screw you just because of one paper, and usually its not because it was a bad paper, but because you didn't write what he thought you shoud have written.

Just go in and argue your points, and if he won't improve your grade raise hell with the administrators.

• Members

I'm going to have to try. What sucks is that this guy was my interim History advisor while my regular advisor, a good friend, is on leave. I emailed my advisor and told him. I emailed the prof. who gave me the D too. I mean seriously, I could have lived with a C, but a D is {censored}ing ridiciulous. I would have had to have gotten an F on the final paper to get a D in the class.

• Members

Originally posted by Lensrock

I'm going to have to try. What sucks is that this guy was my interim History advisor while my regular advisor, a good friend, is on leave. I emailed my advisor and told him. I emailed the prof. who gave me the D too. I mean seriously, I could have lived with a C, but a D is {censored}ing ridiciulous. I would have had to have gotten an F on the final paper to get a D in the class.

All you can do is talk to him and see what happened, definately sounds messed up for him to give you an F on a final paper, especially if you've made A's and B's in your other classes.

• Members

That sucks dude. If I were you, I'd go talk to the guy. Do D's even count for you? I know a D here is basically just a nice looking F because it means jack {censored}. I'm pissed at my grades this semester. I think I got 3 C+'s. I can't believe I couldn't make those B's. Those are only preliminary grades. My final grades aren't posted, yet, but I did only finish exams tuesday. Maybe I really should reconsider being an English major, but what else would I take? Why must I suck at everything I do?

Archived