Smokey Joe's mysterey box...

• Members

it's so noizy from all that room noise; i hope scotty's not debuting it that way. he does have a "royale" he's doing a short run of, even as we speak. what he described to me sounded like an overdrive that would please a whole lot of players, and from all backgrounds. i've been waiting on this one for almost a year!

ml

• Members

Originally posted by badmuddy

it's so noizy from all that room noise; i hope scotty's not debuting it that way. he does have a "royale" he's doing a short run of, even as we speak. what he described to me sounded like an overdrive that would please a whole lot of players, and from all backgrounds. i've been waiting on this one for almost a year!

ml

Afraid I can't help the noise. The google-video uploader seems to compress and bring out the backround hiss and the camera's little condenser mic get's easily overwhelmed. Still, the clip gives you an idea of how the pedal can "?????" a slightly broken up clean tone into crunch and creamy sustain while keeping great clarity to the rolled off clean tones. I'll definately be picking one up for myself after I send this one on...

It's not the Drive Royale, but I'm eagerly waiting for that one too...

;)

• Members

The pedal in the clip is a proto of the new Pro-Analog, Boost Royale, (without cheeze)

The Boost Royale is a very versatile booster that can be tuned to almost any rig. It can go from a semi-clean treble booster to a heavily gained mid-boost, with tons of tones in between. At home with my Princeton and Valveboy, I can tune it to add some thickness while keeping great cut and clarity when I roll back my guitars volume. In my rehearsal studio, I use it as a straight treble boost when playing humbuckers through a Vox, Cambridge combo. In both situations the B.R. can really kick a lightly driven tube amp squarely in the pants.

:thu:

www.proanalog.com

check near the bottom of the page for info on the B.R.

Archived