Line 6 power supply for boss pedals ?

• Members

Anyone knows if they are compatible ? Is it the same polarity ? Is 2000 mA too much for regular pedals ?

My DL4 is dead for good (blown processor it seems) and I would use it's power supply tonite if I could...just don't wanna blow one more pedal trying !!!

So, go or no go ?

Thanks !

• Members

It's labeled 9V DC all right, but nothing about the polarity on the power supply or on the DL4...i'm used to the Boss non nonsense drawings about polarity but those line 6ers don't seem to bother giving too much info...

oh, and I just found on the web...it's reversed polarity !!!

so I just have to cut the wire of the power supply output and reverse it...right?

• Members

Originally posted by The Tortoise

DON'T DO IT- I'VE FRIED TWO PEDALS USING MY L6 POWER SUPPLY BEFORE. ONE WAS AN IBANEZ SOUNDTANK, ANOTHER WAS A BLACK CAT PEDAL. SO DON'T DO IT. SELL IT ON EBAY FOR LIKE $15. SORRY FOR YELLING.

Did you reverse the polarity before pluggin in ? It seems L6 modelers have reversed polarity than the regular pedals...that might be the reasson they fried...

• Members

Originally posted by woodsmandan

Did you reverse the polarity before pluggin in ? It seems L6 modelers have reversed polarity than the regular pedals...that might be the reasson they fried...

i don't know much about polarity and DC / AC power, but i can tell you that plugging in my line 6 adapter did indeed fry those two pedals. it's just not worth it to try it- i hope you haven't yet.

• Members

Whatever you do, do not use the OE Line 6 adapter (the one for the POD and modeller pedals) - the output voltage is 9 volts AC, which will most likely kill regular Boss-standard pedals.

The modeller pedals (DL-4 etc) can work with either 9 volts AC or 9-12 volts DC, but regular pedals will only work with 9 volts DC.

/Andreas

Archived