which flangers can be made to self oscillate?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by polarbear

bf-2 sounds bad as a flanger, or the oscillation sounds bad? the wilder the better for me...

Both ... it's a tinny metallic sounding {censored} box. If you like that and that fits your sonic value system of wild then you need to rush out and secure the first BF-2 you clap arse on.

• Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

My personal fave and the one I use on my board = 80's Yamaha FL-01 - this thing does sounds from deep space. Ask Jacques if he doesn't think the Yamaha is the daddy of self oscillating Flange.
:thu:

Yeah boyee! My Fl-01 has stopped oscillating though - this scares me..... I HOPE it's just a battery issue.

• Members

Originally posted by Boron

Yeah boyee! My Fl-01 has stopped oscillating though - this scares me..... I HOPE it's just a battery issue.

Huston, I think you have a problem! Would be a real shame because besides the A/DA Flanger the Yamaha is the greatest Flanger out there for my money.

• Members

The Korg PME flanger self-oscillates quite nicely.

I have a Dano Fab Flange which will self oscillate, but it sounds like crap and distorts on part of the cycle. :( Not sure if they all do that, or this one was messed with.

• Members

Not knowing that little "{censored} box" could osolate I just got mine out and tweaked it. I haven't really played it in years.

I agree, the flange sounds horrible, very metalic. I could not say the same about the osolation. I thought it was very useable. I put some reverb and delay on it....started making some cool noise loops. I put a compressor right after it to bring down the vol. a bit but over all I thought it was pretty decent.

It's good to know my sonic vaule system is at a all time low. I guess I can just sell my Bogner XTC, Memory Lane, Barber, DD-20.......

• Members
Originally posted by puddinstone

It's good to know my sonic vaule system is at a all time low. I guess I can just sell my Bogner XTC, Memory Lane, Barber, DD-20.......

Your rating the BF-2 in the same league as the DD20 and Memory Lane? Ok ...:thu:

• Members

Your rating the BF-2 in the same league as the DD20 and Memory Lane? Ok ...

Not quite in the same league but...considering the price of a BF-2 and the price of a Memory Lane....

Basically what I'm saying about the BF-2 is....

Flanger....bad....

Osolation....good....

Archived