I really like Bloc Party

• Members

Great, Great band.

Hoping to go see them soon at "The Grove" with their supporting band.. MEW!!

Muhahah it will be so fun.

Also, they had a ---

Great live performance in Coachella.

IF you guys want to hear it, heres the link to it

Coachella

Enjoy:thu:

And make sure to hear "Uniform"

If thats how the second album sounds like, then I'm psyched!!

• Members

Yeah, I like me some Bloc Party too...I think that, in the end, they will be the band to transcend this dance-punk movement or whatever, they sound totally different and new. Good Telecaster tones as well...

• Members

and your nose is bleeding....

you been lying to me.

I could have that wrong, but that's the first thing I heard on the local college radio. Went home and googled the lyrics, then bought the album. No regrets, great record.

• Members

Originally posted by Tonemeister69

Never heard of 'em:confused:

Well then congrats, today is your lucky day.

Go download Marquee Moon right now (thats the name of the album mind you, the band is television). They are in my permanent top 5 favorite bands list. Some of the best dual guitar work ever, and somehow they traverse that delicate realm between long solos that somehow never come off as wanking. Truly a treat. Get some, swiftly, you'll thank me.

• Members

Marquee Moon is undeniably great...but a bit of love for the Bloc Party. I agree with gorebuc that they will transcend aprt of the new wave backbeat {censored} going on nowadays. With the exception of banquet and maybe one or two others, they don't resort to the Gang of Four motif other bands have been ripping on.

The Killers put out a decent album and now everyone is trying to sound like that, or Wire or gang of Four. Sounds like {censored}.

• Members

I think Bloc Party are great and I can definately see them putting out at least a few good albums,

I liked the Killers album but got a bit bored of that after a while which is something that hasn't happened with Bloc Party, it will be interesting to see how the Killers go with follow up albums

• Members

THe album is ok , some songs are really a drag on it .. live they're ok .. the guitars get lost in the mix , you'll never hear the solos or any of the other crafty guitar work ..

they're playing in a big ass empty swimming pool with secret machines this summer in nyc .. thats going to sound really dope ..

• Members

i've seen bloc party more times than i care to remember... lovely blokes and for the most part they put on a wicked show.

Just bought themselves a load of new instruments a couple of months back i believe

kele bought a Tennessee Rose, russ went for a jaguar and a new strat and gorden bought himself a custom Rickenbacker.

Some new tones for the second album me-thinks. Although... i hope russel doesn't overuse the ebow as much as he has been doing live recently:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

Wasting energy hating music and wasting even more posting about hating music. Must be a damned exhausting exhistance?

haha its hardly a struggle to dislike something, then type this on a forum, unless you're Rick Waller or something.

Archived