Possible scam on HC

Schnert

• Members

I sent $235 via PayPal for a stomp box that was advertised here. This was on May 18th. I've not heard from him since then. His PM folders are full, however he's not responding to any emails, nor have he posted here since then.

The guy's got close to 200 posts here. So, should I file a claim with PayPal already, or give him more time?

• Members

Yeah, 5 days is {censored}ing premature to start a thread like this. While I understand your annoyance with the seller not responding to your e-mails, he could just be a prick and have sent out the package anyways. I also noticed you're in Norway. I'm going to assume the seller isn't. Packages take more then 5 days to get international. Threads like these are exactly why we should have a FAQ with some guidelines in it, if not about general effects {censored} (like signal chain advice) but more like how you should handle yourself in gear transactions.

• Members

From being very accommodating, answering all my questions quickly, there's now silence. The deal was to send the stomp and give me the tracking number the day/day after money cleared. You don't understand that I'm concerned with this sudden 5-day silence after transaction was made?

In his last PM he was asking me for a friggin' shipping address. I can't very well reply to his PM's since his folders are full, so all I can do is send him emails through the interface here on HC. Not a single email has been answered.

But yeah, I'll give it more time.

• Members

after 5 days an no response i would be pretty pissed.

Almost every trade i ever made on HC items shipped with in a day or two on both ends of the trade.

Whenever i go more than 3 or 4 days with out hearing back, it almost always means i will go a month or more. I say after one week its time to file a claim with paypal.

• Members

As a rule, when ever I do a transaction I always get good contact info. phone numbers, e-mail, cell numbers, etc, and I verify them. I sympathize with you, it sounds fishy that the guy has suddenly stopped communicating. Where is here located?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by llllllllllllllllllllllll

It was me. I just sent a pm to Schnert. Nothing to worry about guys, I just moved into a new house, so things have been hectic, but his pedal is on his way to him.
:)

You're lucky. I hear that limp wristed papa taco could scratch your eyes out.

Archived